PDA

View Full Version : Scared of going deaf

Peterthegreatworrier
16-01-16, 01:30
Hello.
Since about a day and a half ago, I have experienced what I believe to be at least a temporary threshold shift (where your hearing decreases for a period of time due to noise exposure, such as after a concert) after listening to rock music with my CD player (not headphones) for around two 15 minute periods with a break of about 30 minutes. My symptoms include dulled hearing, fullness, pain and increased tinnitus in both ears. Both my parents and GP think it is unlikely to be permenant as the music was not very loud - just loud - I haven't had this kind of a thing recently and that I don't expose myself to loud noise frequently (I put my iPod on low volume and I didn't even listen to anything through my CD player for two days before the incident). What's worrying me is that if it is permanent I fear my hearing will progressively get worse (I read that is is known to happen). I'm Really scared that I'll end up like the Who's Pete Townshend who can bearly hear anymore:weep:
I'm Trying to stay positive (I think my hearing has slightly improved) but as most of you would know, it ain't easy!
As ever, any and all advice or comments are welcome :welcome:
Best regards, Peterthegreatworrier

Fishmanpa
16-01-16, 02:16
Though you share the same first name, unless you're playing a vintage Gibson Les Paul through a Marshall Stack set on "11", I highly doubt this ~lol~

Positive thoughts and rock on dude!

Peterthegreatworrier
16-01-16, 02:27
Hahaha:D
Wasn't expecting such a humorous responce! BTW Peter's not my real name but I guess the message is still the same.
Yes, I suppose you're right about that. I guess I have to see how my hearing fairs before I jump to conclusions.
Regards, Peterthegreatworrier