PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness/ lightheaded feeling awful!!!!

dizzy daisy
16-01-16, 11:07
Hi all
My dizziness/ lightheadedness feelings have been more under control the last few weeks, however today, it's really horrible. I'm so upset as I'm out for dinner with family tonight for my birthday and this will ruin it!!
Anyone else feeling like this? Help!!
I've also been feeling quite fatigued.
I do have lots of tension which I'm working on with hot baths, gentle stretches and relaxation but I'm so fed up.
I'm also experiencing some low mood too.
Any help appreciated xxxx

the_anxious_mind
16-01-16, 13:28
This is how I ALWAYS feel when I am having anxiety spells. I totally feel you. The fatigue that you feel is from your body constantly being on high alert--that's why we that fight anxiety need more sleep or maybe even naps during the day. Sometimes its so hard to find the time to rest during the day. Are you on a sleep schedule? Having trouble with sleep? Tried medication? I have found that going to bed at a reasonable time and waking up at the same time each morning has helped my physical symptoms. I suffer from Health Anxiety so I deal quite frequently with symptoms--real or imagined--sometimes I have a hard time deciding!

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

Also, have you been medically evaluated? Sometimes it can be scary to face it but I finally went to the doctor to have extensive blood work to rule out any serious problems. Sorry so many questions.. Good luck to you!!

dizzy daisy
16-01-16, 13:36
Thanks so much for the reply. It's truly horrendous, I really wouldn't wish this on anyone.
Yes, I'm trying to go to bed early and I have to wake at the same time for work. Sometimes with the fatigue I feel like I should stay home and sleep, but this makes it feel worse.
You're right, once I feel a physical symptom, however much I try to just accept it, I seem to fight it and I guess that just adds to the overall tension.
I'm not on meds are you?
Xxxx

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 15:34
Have u still got this please ?

dizzy daisy
14-02-16, 15:56
Hi Beckie
Yes I do have it on and off. It's worse the more tense I get and I know tonnes of others on here suffer the same thing - were all just anxious and that makes us feel lightheaded xxxx

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 17:53
I no but I've been lightheaded and disorientated for 5 days now scared

Skkyee
15-02-16, 08:12
I'm getting this too, spells of doggies to the point where I panic and I can't tho k.....and whooshy ears. It's horrible and scary. Listen to your rational mind :-) we know we have anxiety and it is far far more likely to be that than anything rare and sinister!! I am under a fair amount of pressure just now and I know it has to be aggravating my HA.

All of that said, I'm still panicking ..... Can't bring myself to see the dr as I'm doctor phobic!! And medication phobic!! ....... I'm just a mess really.

Soldier on, the symptoms will pass and probably change into something else.

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 18:46
Thankyou skyee hope u feel better soon