PDA

View Full Version : Help me :(

GadGirl
16-01-16, 13:44
Hi guys, posted this in the dp/dr thread too as im not sure whats going on.

Looking for some advice, I have done some googling in regards to a bunch of stuff that been happening to me for a while. I have always had anxiety and OCD but basically new things have been happening the last few months like feeling like I am in a constant dream, I haven't had a proper nights sleep in months I keep waking up every couple of hours time seems to slow down and speed up, Flashes of memories keep appearing in my head with constant mind chatter this is quite regularly several times a day and this constant deja vu 24/7 even in my dreams its like im living life over and over again. if I am really panicking the deja vu is very intense if im not then its mild but its like everything i eat, everyone i see, everyone I talk too, places i go even if I have never been there before everything i watch on television even if its new television programmes I have seen it all before and I do mean 24/7. I also get flashes of tv programs i have watched, dreams and false memories of stuff thats clearly made up.
Can anyone help me??

TomT
16-01-16, 16:23
Hi gadgirl,

It seems you are going through a derealization period, I do not have much experience with this but I do have with effect of constant dejavu and finding coincidences. You have to find ways to calm down and this derealization will go away I promise, your brain (with this deajvus) its just matching a previous experience that founds similar to a new one. This happens to everyone, with anxiety we tend to focalize more on the effect and get hyper vigilant to all this "abnormalities" which are totally normal. Remember most of us have "routines" so it wouldn't be weird for our brains to find dejavu experiences in every days life.

Racing thoughts and OCD responding to your logical thinking is also quite normal and even if it is exhausting it shouldn't be a reason to worry. Paying attention or addressing this issue a lot might fuel your anxiety and reinforce the cognitive trace back to anxiety.

You must find ways to relax, like walking doing excercise, deep breathing, etc. If you find this experience a dejavu, don't address it just let it be, at first it might be hard but eventually your brain will ignore it and the fear will fade.

T

GadGirl
16-01-16, 16:37
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

See the funny thing is well its not really funny I can feel physically calm low pulse etc even being in a good mood sometimes and the deja vu is still there. Like it doesn't leave at all.

I was walking around a town the other day there while my uncle was visiting someone and i have never been there before ever. But it was like i was reliving the day again.

TomT
16-01-16, 16:48
Yeah that happened to me too while I was in Italy, really don't worry its totally normal and it goes away, even if you feel it don't think about it just let it slip. Anxiety makes you drift from the present so the way to tackle it is to sink more in the present. Instead of thinking about if it is or not a dejavu or if it is anxiety, just describe what surrounds you or get your attention to the conversation you are having