PDA

View Full Version : blood clot panic!!

tiredofthis14
16-01-16, 15:12
okay so i developed a new pain 3 weeks ago severe pain in my groin down my thigh i left it a while and saw gp who referred me to hospital...to rule out dvt!
i had a d dimer came back at 133 cut off 230 so all good
but the next week it had gotten worse so i went back d dimer repeated comes back at 157 cut off 230 so okay

went back today because it still bad redone d dimer came back at 202 cut off 230 so now im like hang on a minute every week its gone up
doc said doesnt mean anything but my aniexty is like OMG IM GOING TO DIE!

any advice would be apreciated im at my wits end all iv done is cry and panic
im 25 f smoke ( trying to give up) overweight (trying to lose) im not overly active but move around

tiredofthis14
16-01-16, 19:45
anyone?? having really bad night nobody in my family concerned theyve risen each time because it been like 3 weeks but i cant stop worrying

Njoy704
16-01-16, 20:00
I'm not a doctor or a medical professional. But I have done some research and I've read that d dimer can be elevated because of inflammation in the body. It could be what you have in your groin is an inflammation. Did you tear a muscle or something? When I had groin and leg pain, I did the d dimer and had an uktrasound ofor my leg and they found nothing. Turned out I had bursitis. Also had a sprained ankle which was affecting my lower leg. If your doctor isn't concerned, I wouldn't be either. If you experience redness, swelling, pain... then definitely go to er for an ultrasound to ease your mind.

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

And it's been 3 weeks... if it were a blood clot it would've gotten bigger by now or dislodged. But again, I'm no doctor. If you're really still scared. Ask your doctor for an ultrasound.

tiredofthis14
16-01-16, 20:02
i dont think i tore a muscle i think it wouldnt be as bad if i didnt know the amounts in regards to the test as iv seen it as omg its risen every week if they just said negative id be like woo negative im fine x

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

in uk i have zero chance of doc giving me a ultrasound lol i asked today and was refused x

Njoy704
16-01-16, 20:16
Any chance your doc will give you another d dimer to make sure it didn't go above 230?

tiredofthis14
16-01-16, 20:32
not a chance they said today was last one :(

Njoy704
16-01-16, 21:35
Here on the US there are private labs to get tests done. Do you have that where you are? I've ordered a d dimer for myself once and it was only $69. And also ordered a scan for my leg... $100.

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Tips I also learned to prevent blood clots is keep yourself hydrated and make sure you move often. Staying seated or laying for hours and hours doesn't allow the blood to flow. Sending positivity your way.

tiredofthis14
17-01-16, 10:02
no there isnt unfortuently and nhs isnt very giving with tests lol thank u very much for ur reply im just praying im overreacting

Njoy704
07-02-16, 17:37
no there isnt unfortuently and nhs isnt very giving with tests lol thank u very much for ur reply im just praying im overreacting

It's been awhile. Just checking up on you... how are you doing???