PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get angry?

uru
16-01-16, 16:28
I noticed the other day that rarely get very angry about anything...

Chocolateface
16-01-16, 17:22
Hi

Not sure if I get angry at things or frustrated at them sorry that probably doesn't answer your question.

Clare

uru
16-01-16, 17:45
I get frustrated but I hardly ever get angry...can't remember the last time I got mad or last my temper.

Blinkyrocket
16-01-16, 18:22
I get angry all the time, too much in fact.

js1803
16-01-16, 20:30
I get angry at my anxiety.

MyNameIsTerry
17-01-16, 06:42
Yes, I've had a few occasions where I've flipped at people and it's not like me at all. It was at my much worse stages.

Anxiety & anger are often experienced together. The thing I always say though is, don't all human beings in pain sometimes react with anger? So, perhaps we should view it as the same as a physical issue and accept that anger can be experienced just like someone struggling through the day sick of their pain condition.

How many people get grumpy with colds/flu?

Why should anxiety be any different?

pulisa
17-01-16, 08:40
Far better out than in though? If it's done in a controlled way.

A lot of my anger is contained and this hasn't necessarily been a good thing.

KeeKee
17-01-16, 09:41
I get very angry and small things sometimes trigger my 'fight or flight' response. It just makes you feel even worse but I can't help it. I also believe I have misophonia as some sounds make me want to go ballistic (snoring, breathing and chewing food, even soft food like bread I can't stand hearing it, babies/toddlers crying, I need to leave a shop if they're there, curiously a newborn babies cry doesn't bother me). My partner thinks I'm like Jekyll and Hyde because one minute I can be in a really good mood and the next shouting at him.
Incidentally I feel as though my anger issues are partly caused by my partner constantly winding me up. We've been together 10 years and are 27 and 28 yet I'm always being wound up. Whenever I ask him to do something or go somewhere he always, without fail says no. Even if he means yes he'll say no just to be awkward. He always farts in my direction which I'm sure some people will find funny but I don't I think it's vulgar and shows just how much he respects me.
Sorry for my rant! I'm currently sitting listening to my partner keep snoring and it's driving me crazy!

---------- Post added at 09:41 ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 ----------

I also agree with your last comment Pulisa, other than with my partner and daughter I keep everything bottled up as you have to be careful what you say to my family orbl it turns into a full blown argument and twice in about 10 years I've ended up kicking off because of something someone said or kept doing and it's really embarrassing having your family see you that way. Thankfully my family all thought I was in the right but it's still not how I want to present myself to people. I also wouldn't dare swear in front of my parents and grandparents but on one 'kick-off' I did and again, that is simply not me.

MyNameIsTerry
17-01-16, 09:49
KeeKee,

I had a stage of the sounds issues. It would make me very irritable when I could hear people eating their food with their mouths open. It went on for some months.

As my anxiety reduced, this went away.

I think a lot of these issues around heightened senses & irritability are because of harder anxiety stages. I've seen loads of mine go with working on them simply because I have moved forward.

P.S. Farting in your direction could be a joke - if you aren't offended by it. If you've told him, he needs to respect the fact you don't like and maybe...grow up a bit!

KeeKee
17-01-16, 09:53
Hi MyNameIsTerry,
I certainly hope so. I do think the babies crying is definitely the way I'm feeling lately as I never even used to notice it. Breathing and snoring I've hate since I was at Least 11 though I literally can't take it. It makes me want to be sick and punch the person doing it (I never ever would I am not a violent person and don't believe I am ever capable of physically hurting anything, other than spiders when they come into my home).

MyNameIsTerry
17-01-16, 09:58
Yes, babies crying made me anxious. I could hear my pulse pounding in my ears when I lay down to sleep and it kept me awake. Car/house alarms would keep me awake, no matter how distant. Peoples voices made me more alert and stopped me sleeping.

Bright lights were much brighter and everything seemed more intense.

I would get wound up by the eating thing. Sometimes I would make comments out of frustration.

Anxiety makes it hard to relax as well as the heightened senses. So, we are more likely to get wound up.

KeeKee
17-01-16, 10:18
Yes I certainly get the peoples voices thing. My partner will go on his Ps4 when I go to bed and usually goes on his headset and speaks to his friends and it drives me absolutely crazy. I can't get go sleep and end up riddled with adrenaline (I think so, my heart pounds I get all shaky and I feel angry beyond belief). Yes I make comments to my partner about eating, breathing, snoring. Wouldn't dare to anyone else though but that doesn't make it any less annoying.
I have a feeling the crying baby issue may stem from me wanting a baby, but not being able to have one (for various reasons, I can conceive just my partner and I don't have the best relationship, I'm terrified I will get PND if I do have one, I'm too self conscious to push a pushchair around, which probably sounds insane and I don't think I could get through a pregnancy now with my health anxiety).

MyNameIsTerry
17-01-16, 10:23
I think he needs to be a bit more receptive to a partners needs. Even with a headset on you will be hearing various clicking noises, as well as the talking, when you are trying to get asleep. Surely any partner would be annoyed by that? He needs to take it to another room and shut the door.

KeeKee
17-01-16, 10:28
Yes it drives me crazy. He is actually downstairs when he does it but I can still hear him as he talks at regular volume and our walls are like paper, when I don't have the TV or music on I can hear the neighbours talking through the day, can even hear the kids' music off their toys. That doesn't bother me though as it's quite quiet and I can easily drown it out if I want by music or TV

Magic
17-01-16, 10:31
Yes I get angry, so angry. Not violent ( except I threw something down the stairs the other day and it hit my husband. Did not hurt him thank goodness).
The tablets I was taking to help me with this did not help.
My GP is reluctant to give me diazepam.
I am like js1803. Everything worries me:shrug:

pulisa
17-01-16, 10:43
You have every reason to be angry, Magic xxx

I'm mostly quite controlled (with autism in the family anger is terrifying) but if I do raise my voice I'm often mistaken for being "anxious"-I hate this! It makes me angry:D and I'm only trying to be more assertive...

Can't win!:D

KeeKee
17-01-16, 10:45
I understand the frustration, I have been told I need to be more assertive as I will do things I don't want to just because I can't say no. In our family it is seen as being argumentative (probably because when they're being assertive they can get snappy so probably assume everyone else is the same way).

pulisa
17-01-16, 10:52
It's so annoying, isn't it?!:D

Fishmanpa
17-01-16, 11:00
The "scanxiety" that comes my way now and again manifests itself as irritability more than anger. Little things start getting to me. Even though I may not be consciously thinking about it, it's a sign I recognize and know it's time for the chill pill until I get the all clear at my followup appointments.

Positive thoughts

KeeKee
17-01-16, 11:03
Yes Pulisa, it makes me so angry. Haha, it doesn't really make me angry but yes it's very frustrating.
Yes Fishmanpa, although a totally different league to yourself but when I have a GP appointment I get irritated due to nerves.

MyNameIsTerry
17-01-16, 11:18
This one seems appropriate...:sofa::D

Fishmanpa
17-01-16, 11:21
Yes Fishmanpa, although a totally different league to yourself but when I have a GP appointment I get irritated due to nerves.

I feel the same about those who suffer from severe anxiety or any other severe mental illness. Having spent time on the forum and learned much about anxiety disorders, having family that suffers and my personal brushes with it, it's something I feel most have a touch of to some degree. A gal at work who seemingly has her shit together gets this funny little tic when things get stressful.... A friend of mine who I sang with in a duo for a while definitely has it to the point that it interferes with her personal and professional life. In fact, it's the reason we no longer perform together.

I admire those that have the inner fortitude to fight back and heal. In many ways it's as challenging as what one has to do to heal from severe physical illnesses.

Positive thoughts

Magic
17-01-16, 20:24
Terry. I like your picture. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Do you know about Joan Crawford and the coat hanger incident
Maybe true or not. BUT THAT IS ME. Although I have not actual hit anyone.
Does anyone else fall out with coat hangers I wonder???

Blinkyrocket
18-01-16, 04:55
I get very angry and small things sometimes trigger my 'fight or flight' response. It just makes you feel even worse but I can't help it. I also believe I have misophonia as some sounds make me want to go ballistic (snoring, breathing and chewing food, even soft food like bread I can't stand hearing it, babies/toddlers crying, I need to leave a shop if they're there, curiously a newborn babies cry doesn't bother me). My partner thinks I'm like Jekyll and Hyde because one minute I can be in a really good mood and the next shouting at him.
Incidentally I feel as though my anger issues are partly caused by my partner constantly winding me up. We've been together 10 years and are 27 and 28 yet I'm always being wound up. Whenever I ask him to do something or go somewhere he always, without fail says no. Even if he means yes he'll say no just to be awkward. He always farts in my direction which I'm sure some people will find funny but I don't I think it's vulgar and shows just how much he respects me.
Sorry for my rant! I'm currently sitting listening to my partner keep snoring and it's driving me crazy!

---------- Post added at 09:41 ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 ----------

I also agree with your last comment Pulisa, other than with my partner and daughter I keep everything bottled up as you have to be careful what you say to my family orbl it turns into a full blown argument and twice in about 10 years I've ended up kicking off because of something someone said or kept doing and it's really embarrassing having your family see you that way. Thankfully my family all thought I was in the right but it's still not how I want to present myself to people. I also wouldn't dare swear in front of my parents and grandparents but on one 'kick-off' I did and again, that is simply not me.

There's a name for that? (Misophonia) I can't stand chewing or snoring or my brother's singing, even if I were to plug my ears, just the fact that I know they are doing these things completely makes me lose my mind.

MyNameIsTerry
18-01-16, 06:18
Terry. I like your picture. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Do you know about Joan Crawford and the coat hanger incident
Maybe true or not. BUT THAT IS ME. Although I have not actual hit anyone.
Does anyone else fall out with coat hangers I wonder???

Its like Ali G posing as The Scream.

I think wire coat hangers are rubbish. They just don't support the shoulder yoke.
:noangel: I get a bit annoyed when the plastic ones snap. The ones that don't turn that supermarkets use are annoying too as you can't hang them on things when you do the ironing.

pulisa
18-01-16, 08:54
Are you a 21st Century Man, Terry?:D Ironing? I'm trying to train my males to do their own ironing and my goal is to stop my compulsion to do it for them

GingerFish
18-01-16, 14:11
I get angry over little things way too much and way too easily, this was even before my anxiety issues started. I've always been a very highly strung and easily annoyed person.