PDA

View Full Version : My Back Pain

johnmay
16-01-16, 16:56
Hello everyone i am new member of this website and i am so glad for it because i really need a talk.I am 23 years old.
I have back pain which is located upper and middle around both of shoulder blade for 1,5 month.I went to my GP and he said that it is muscle pain.He gave me a majezik duo etc but these medications are not helpfull for me.I searched on internet and i found Bone,spine Tumors can cause of this pain but when i lying down pain goes away and pain is not occur exactly same area everytime.Increase with activity or standing.
I researched little bit more and found stomach cancer causes back pain like referred pain.I cannot understand this thing.I think stomach pain widely from stomach to the back right?but i have not stomach pain but l i have little bit gurping.
I now my brain confused alot and last weeks like a hell for me.I am so worried about this thinkings.Thank you a lot for read my problems.Have a nice day.

artist12
16-01-16, 22:22
Hi John, sorry to hear you are going through this and welcome!

:welcome:

Referred pain can be tricky. For example, I have been having severe neck pain and thought it was coming just from a neck problem, but my doctor thinks it is actually rooted in my upper back/trapezius muscle and it "travels" to my neck.

Do you spend a lot of time on the computer, or looking down with poor posture? That can cause so many neck and back issues.

Try to trust your doctor that he did not see anything to be concerned about (even though it can be difficult!)

Also try heating pads, maybe getting a massage, hot baths, etc. I've also had some success with trigger point therapy (finding the knots in your muscles and massaging them out) - there is a lot of info out there on this technique.

Good luck!

johnmay
17-01-16, 10:10
Hi Angela thanks for your answer.I cant think positive thats my problem.I am thinking that am i stomach cancer or is this pain referred from my stomach but i have not stomach pain i suffered just back pain etc.
Is this possible.I cant stop thinking this.
Thanks for your advice.Have a nice day again

Magic
17-01-16, 10:19
I have the same thing johnmay. artist given you the same advice I would have said.
My GP said massage was good for muscle pain. All the best

artist12
20-01-16, 23:41
Hi Angela thanks for your answer.I cant think positive thats my problem.I am thinking that am i stomach cancer or is this pain referred from my stomach but i have not stomach pain i suffered just back pain etc.
Is this possible.I cant stop thinking this.
Thanks for your advice.Have a nice day again

We totally understand, I'm the same way! The rational side of my brain just can't seem to get through to the emotional side that gets panicked. I think sometimes the secondary referred pain can be worse than the initial source, or at least what you notice more. At least that's how I feel with my neck.

Posting in this forum always helps me put things in perspective when I feel like I can't stop thinking about my symptoms. I'd really encourage you to come here when you're having especially obsessive days, instead of Googling.

Take care, hope things get better!

Fishmanpa
20-01-16, 23:59
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it stops.

The fact it goes away when you lie down and a medical professional deemed it as muscular in nature should offer the reassurance you seek.

Positive thoughts

nirvanainchains
21-01-16, 00:39
Hello everyone i am new member of this website and i am so glad for it because i really need a talk.I am 23 years old.
I have back pain which is located upper and middle around both of shoulder blade for 1,5 month.I went to my GP and he said that it is muscle pain.He gave me a majezik duo etc but these medications are not helpfull for me.I searched on internet and i found Bone,spine Tumors can cause of this pain but when i lying down pain goes away and pain is not occur exactly same area everytime.Increase with activity or standing.
I researched little bit more and found stomach cancer causes back pain like referred pain.I cannot understand this thing.I think stomach pain widely from stomach to the back right?but i have not stomach pain but l i have little bit gurping.
I now my brain confused alot and last weeks like a hell for me.I am so worried about this thinkings.Thank you a lot for read my problems.Have a nice day.

Well, I should be more concern than you, I have tons of issues that I still don't have clear answers. My last tests and diagnosis was 13 months ago(year ago), These are some of my issues: Left upper back pain, sometimes to the right also, Shoulder pain either left or right, Bloated, Reflux, Heavy head, dizziness, severe chest pain on my left and central(very painful in a scale of 10/10), constipated, lower back pain(sharp/stabbing/lightning quick type of pain), zits or pimple-like bumps in my body that appears anywhere in random, and many more.. If you have the money then go for additional test to brush away your worries. Stop Googling ‘cause Google was the culprit of my anxiety, the result now is: I AM THINKING THAT I HAVE CANCERS AND DISEASES THAT ARE FATAL.

- -----------------------_------------------------- - - - ---------------------
I forgot to mention that I have also experienced passing out twice. The first one is in the church, I was left standing ‘cause all the seats are already taken, after half an hour my vision turned gloomy/black and my ears are ringing and I passed out, at that moment I was sure I was gonna die, but I regain consciousness luckily, the first-aid team that attended me told me that I probably loss oxygen because there are many people who attended the mass, and also I was a heavy smoker that time, standing up for a long time also irritates or affects vagus nerve which is also common to IBS sufferers(I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome). The 2nd event was when I went for brisk walking, after a couple of minutes the same thing happened, everything went black, luckily I am with my brother and I was conscious, it was just like a mild passing out event. But it makes me damn scared. So, my point is: I have some worse symptoms than you do. Shake it up, and don't worry that much.

Savvy_Darling
21-01-16, 01:03
Everyone before me has given great advice johnmay. I can totally relate to how you feel right now. I'm experiencing some rib pain that Google has convinced me I have something like a tumor growing in me. Or various cancers. My pain seems to come and go as well. I agree that since you went to your gp and he thinks it's muscular than you should trust him. You can always go back though and your doc can reassure or help you with any other concerns. I wish I would man up and go to the docs.. I've got myself so scared I don't wanna go see a doc for fear of bad news. But don't google!! I wish I didn't because it has made me a wreck.