PDA

View Full Version : heart attack fear

pepsi
16-01-16, 18:24
For a while now I've felt my heart flutter or tremor ..then I get a head rush ..last summer I woke with crushing pains in my chest they would come and go but they woke me up. I'm 40 not particularly fit ..the other day I got puffed out riding my bike on a route I've always done I can't see inside so I fret alot if I run I get puffed out I'm just unfit I know but the weird tremors and head rushes are worrying me

Goosenufc
16-01-16, 18:31
I would imagine your issue could either be due to indigestion/reflux or you may be getting yourself worked out and creating adrenaline which is causing that jolt feeling followed by head rush.

A quick trip to your GP for an ECG which takes about 5 minutes would soon tell you if there is anything up.

Even if there was to be anything up - the fact you can still exercise (regardless of your fitness levels) shows that it shouldn't be anything mega anyways.

But yeah, I think you are now overthinking and the worry is going to raise your blood pressure and you are on high alert to that area of your body. Any feeling from your chest now your mind will play tricks on you.

Good luck getting to the bottom of it!

pepsi
16-01-16, 18:55
Thankyou for your reply. I hate fretting about it I've had blood pressure taken about 7 years ago and they found nothing ..but that was 7 years ago ...I suppose an ecg could confirm a problem that could be fixed I'm worried about having a heart attack doing nothing could be like the waves before something massive .

Goosenufc
16-01-16, 19:06
The way that I approach my health anxiety symptoms will vary depending on how easy it is for a diagnosis to be made.

I really don't think there's anything to worry about with your heart, more often than not if there's something up with your heart that is bad you will be VERY VERY tired and lack energy. Due to the heart not pumping enough Oxygen around the body.

That said, due to how easy an ECG is to carry out and you could have it done next week - in your situation I'd do it. Not because I think theres anything wrong with your heart, but because I think you are going to carry on worrying and asking "what if" for months and your mind will play tricks on you.

Soon as you have the ECG done you can accept that you've either got reflux or need to improve your fitness levels. Most importantly - without fear.

pepsi
16-01-16, 19:55
I have had my blood pressure checked on a regular basis and they say it's fine. I am very tired all the time climbing the stairs km puffed out ! But am I just unfit.?