PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!! :)

the_anxious_mind
16-01-16, 23:59
Hello everyone! I have posted a few times about a few different concerns so I thought it was time to introduce myself. I have GAD and specific phobias about driving, my health, medication (which I have currently faced with the help of a few people here!!--yeah!!) and other things. In the past I have had phobias about eating new foods, eating foods in general, and swallowing/choking. I have feared staying alone and going outside. I also have not traveled farther than 3 hours in the last 6 years! I deal with depersonalization/derealization and a fear of "losing it" altogether. I am seeing a psychiatrist who is wonderful and I am slowly facing my medical fears and getting yearly checkups. I am also in need of dental work so I am working up to facing that fear too!

Other than that, I enjoy being outside, spending time with my husband and our animals. Unable to have children at the moment which makes me sad but glad to have a husband (and family) who takes care of me with patience and love. It isn't always easy though and we all lose patience. I am a dance teacher, very fit, and very outgoing. I LOVE people and I HATE not being able to do what I love and be fully present. I love to write, talk with others about my condition, and be an advocate for mental health. Nice to meet all of you--I look forward to my time here!! :)

venusbluejeans
17-01-16, 00:05
Hiya the_anxious_mind and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

luxxinterior
17-01-16, 00:17
Hi :) ... hope you get all the support and encouragement you need here :) Well done for taking steps to face the very things you fear the most...so very admirable!!