PDA

View Full Version : Weird pain on the back of my heads, comes and goes infrequently, any ideas?

Rocka1
17-01-16, 06:06
For the past few months I've had this weird pain in the back of my head come and go. It isnt a headache, the best way I can describe it is like somebody is pushing on my skull to the point where it hurts a bit, but not too much, I can completely ignore it.

Im curious as to what it is though, its always in the same spot (upper right of the back), starting to get anxiety over it...

Anybody know what it could be? Im sitting in front of a computer 17 hours a day if that could be a factor.

sherry68
18-01-16, 11:45
I have something similar - the weird pressure like feeling with some discomfort at the back of my head. Mine is always on the left. I also suffer from migraine and this weird back of the head sensation is different than the throbbing migraine pain. After one episode of extremely bad migraine which caused my blood pressure to spike and landed myself in the hospital, the doctor ordered an MRI for brain and neck. The MRI turned out fine except for me having this mild neck spondolysis. It also showed my stiff neck muscle or something like that. The neurologist told me that this what gives me the weird feeling at the back of my head; my neck and shoulder pain. Seems like a common problem especially for those who have desk jobs and spend hours in front of the computer. I was prescribed some muscle relaxant and have to go for physiotherapy sessions which is still ongoing. I do find that my shoulder and neck pain is slowly diminishing and so does that weird sensation at the back of my head. Maybe you could try some light massage of your neck and shoulder area. Cold packs seem to help also. Hope it will all be better for you too. Take care.

white1989
18-01-16, 14:40
hi rocka1,

Hope to reassure you with my experience -

I had this for nearly 3 weeks when I started a new job last year, I was utterly convinced I had a brain tumour and I saw 4 doctors with each and every one of them telling me it was classic tension headache, I still wasn't convinced and went to A&E and they admitted me to hospital to have a CT scan and MRI and both scans came back totally clear - it really was just a tension headache!

that feeling of 'pushing' is very classic of tension, I had it for weeks so it really can go on for a while. Also, once I got the all clear from hospital and knew there was nothing serious there, my headache went within a few days. so I think the more I focused on it, the worse it got!

try not to worry as it sounds to me like you've absolutely nothing to worry about.

best wishes