PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please

ella32
17-01-16, 09:16
I'm scared at the moment over chest sensation again. Having a popping feeling and a feeling like my chest is vibrating its a horrible feeling. My anxiety is health anxiety and I worry all the time especially about heart . It's draining on all levels. Does anyone else get these strange chest feelings. X

hheavenlyangel
17-01-16, 09:20
Hi Ella, chest sensations are very common with anxiety. Do you get asthma? Im only asking because of the popping you mention.

ella32
17-01-16, 09:42
I don't have asthma . I get popping in chest which is scary but just this vibrating feeling is really getting to me. I also get chest pain everyday but had heart tests done in 2013 and all normal

sandie
17-01-16, 09:49
This all sounds very much like anxiety. If you have had heart tests and they have come back normal, then there really is nothing to worry about in connection with your heart.

Chest pain, a heavy feeling on the chest, a general tightness or constriction in this area, some trouble breathing - all classic symptoms of anxiety

ella32
17-01-16, 10:05
Thanks for advice. It's hard to think anxiety when my fear is heart related and every symptoms or pain makes me worry or think worse case scenario. It's a vicious cycle

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

I also ended up ringing ambulance Friday morning cause chest pain the paramedics did ecg in the ambulance and took blood pressure and oxygen level and everything was fine they even have me a print out of ecg reading. I hate that I automatically think heart attack or heart related with every pain or sensations in chest. I don't want to b this way I want to b happy again and not b consumed by worry every day.

hheavenlyangel
17-01-16, 10:14
Apart from the chest pains and sensations you are feeling is there something else on your mind?

ella32
17-01-16, 10:18
I'm going through a rough patch at the moment so things are getting on top of me. But this fear of heart related stuff is the thing I struggle with every day. I also have an issue with trusting doctors when they say I'm ok and it just anxiety related.

hheavenlyangel
17-01-16, 10:34
The reason I asked is that I find when I am stressed I internalize my fears so any sensation or sickness is off course exasperated but its only because i cant control the things happening around me but I can control the panic attacks. Make sense? My psychologist told me once that everyone has bodily sensations, everyone has different feelings, sensations, vibrations, tingling, numbness. Everyone. There are people who are more sensitive to these sensations and read the signals as being dangerous where in fact if you ask your Mum or your Dad a sibling a friend. They will all tell you they feels different sensations. Just know that you reaĺy are ok. You really are. If you like meditations google free mindfulness meditations and try and relax yourself. You really are ok.