PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to see pulse in vision?

Peterthegreatworrier
17-01-16, 09:51
I've forst least a few years noticed what appear to be pulses in my vision which coincide with my heartbeat. I can usually see it anytime if I try to focus on it but I get it especially if stressed or if I feel like I'm about to faint. I looked up something recently about it and it's made me a bit concerned (I saw something about abnormal blood vessels in the eye but I didn't look into it more because it would probably stress me even more :wacko:).
I'd just like to know, is this normal? Is it something that needs to be checked?
Regards, Peterthegreatworrier

KeeKee
17-01-16, 09:55
I've had this especially when I've woken up through the night to go to the toilet. With mine my vision lightens and darkens with my pulse if that makes sense. I've had 2 eye tests this year, one last week and my eyes are both in perfect health (other than mild short sightedness).
Hope this helps.

androidz
17-01-16, 22:50
Yeah, typical anxiety symptom, nothing to worry about.

GingerFish
18-01-16, 14:04
I get this in the corner of my vision when I am mega stressed or if I have just finished exercising. Sometimes it only lasts a few seconds or sometimes a few minutes, especially if its been brought on by a panic attack. Sometimes it even feels like I can feel the pulse in my eye, not just see it.

js1803
18-01-16, 23:42
I have this.

Peterthegreatworrier
20-01-16, 02:07
Thanks for all your posts, guys. It has reassured me a little, but can I just ask: if it iscaused by abnormal blood vessels behind the eye, would an optometrist have noticed it? (I had an appointment with one yesterday).
I'm still worried it could be an aneurism or something. :unsure:

PlantsForHire
21-01-16, 23:08
I get this when I'm speaking in public in front of people. Just typical anxiety and it can be very uncomfortable but it certainly isn't anything to worry about. :D

castletime
04-07-18, 16:27
I've been noticing a pulse in my eye for the last couple of weeks. It's just on the periphery of the vision in my right eye and beats in time with my heart. I was so grateful to be reading your posts as I couldn't find any other information about this. I went to the optician, who did a detailed test and looked into the back of my eye. He could find nothing wrong. He contacted the hospital for advice but they said as long as his test was normal, then it's just one of those things and not to worry about it. I just wanted to let you all know and hopefully put some minds at rest. All the best to everyone:)