PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody :)

SpaceHamster
17-01-16, 11:42
Hi,

First post here. I'm 32, and I've been having problems with anxiety since I was 13/14 years old and started having panic attacks. I've been seeing a therapist for 12 years now (psychologist/psychoanalyst), it helped me a lot. GPs have regularly prescribed me Xanax 0,25, to take as needed when too anxious, I always have a few pills with me just in case, but I've spent months in the past without taking any.
I had a depressive episode a few years ago, because of a difficult job situation, was on Paroxetine for a year and felt better after changing job.
For three years now I had been feeling well, but I have been under a lot of work-related stress in 2015 (lot of things to do, new responsabilities, pressure...). Three months ago I've been rejected by someone dear to my heart, and since then my anxiety and panic are back big time. Last week my boyfriend got in a accident (he's safe now), and I've felt really lost and confused (lot of mental health worries about myself, esp.).

I've been googling about what I'm feeling like crazy (yeah, I know, Google, bad idea), and I found this forum : it's reassuring to see other people going through the same worries and doubt. I hope to find some comfort here, and some rational voices when my thoughts are racing and those around me are tired of trying to reassure me.

(English is not my first language, so sorry for any mistakes! :winks:)

venusbluejeans
17-01-16, 11:49
Hiya SpaceHamster and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

the_anxious_mind
17-01-16, 13:02
Hi,

First post here. I'm 32, and I've been having problems with anxiety since I was 13/14 years old and started having panic attacks. I've been seeing a therapist for 12 years now (psychologist/psychoanalyst), it helped me a lot. GPs have regularly prescribed me Xanax 0,25, to take as needed when too anxious, I always have a few pills with me just in case, but I've spent months in the past without taking any.
I had a depressive episode a few years ago, because of a difficult job situation, was on Paroxetine for a year and felt better after changing job.
For three years now I had been feeling well, but I have been under a lot of work-related stress in 2015 (lot of things to do, new responsabilities, pressure...). Three months ago I've been rejected by someone dear to my heart, and since then my anxiety and panic are back big time. Last week my boyfriend got in a accident (he's safe now), and I've felt really lost and confused (lot of mental health worries about myself, esp.).

I've been googling about what I'm feeling like crazy (yeah, I know, Google, bad idea), and I found this forum : it's reassuring to see other people going through the same worries and doubt. I hope to find some comfort here, and some rational voices when my thoughts are racing and those around me are tired of trying to reassure me.

(English is not my first language, so sorry for any mistakes! :winks:)

Welcome, SpaceHamster!

I am glad that you have decided to join this forum. I have actually used this forum for help many times for advice in the past and then just decided to join up this month. This site has helped me to rationalize and find folks who can empathize because they know what it feels like! I am a googler too when it comes to the symptoms and what not--something I am trying to get away from! Good luck on your journey and always be proud of the small victories!

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

And no worries!! Your English is great!!