PDA

View Full Version : Can HA cause symptoms in your paranoid area?

Masonn
17-01-16, 13:09
I'm paranoid about my birthmark at the moment and it keeps sort of tingling and aching, just in general not feeling right. Can this be caused by my HA? When you're paranoid about a certain part of your body, do you start feeling weird symptoms there? I'm just scared it might not be anxiety because it seems a bit weird.

Goosenufc
17-01-16, 13:12
YES!

This happens all the time with HA, your mind will play tricks on you. I thought I had bladder cancer for ages during bad anxiety. It was the anxiety causing me to frequently pee - which in turn made me anxious about peeing a lot - which in turn raised my anxiety - thus causing me to pee more!

It's a vicious circle really. Headaches and intestinal issues are a prime example to flare up due to anxiety.

Remember - your mind will believe anything you tell it or suggest to it.

uru
17-01-16, 14:03
i don't think 'paranoid' is the right word here. But I do think anxiety might cause paranoia like symptoms.

Masonn
18-01-16, 03:08
Thanks for the replies, it's driving me insane I just keep feeling weird on my birthmark area and I'm so scared. It's a never ending cycle because it makes me not stop thinking about it and I know it won't go away until I stop thinking about it.