PDA

View Full Version : Good day!

kjwmc
18-01-16, 01:50
Hi there,

If you haven't already gathered from my choice of greeting, I am an English 17 year old male, and I suffer from some sort of anxiety disorder (I requested not to know the diagnosis as I don't want to put a label on my feelings.)

To cut a long story short, I have this week come out of the other end of a 2 and a half month long anxiety induced depression episode, and am seeking coping techniques to help make sure I never have one again. Of course, I accept I may have another one, but I will not see it as a defeat. But I want to build a support network of fellow "sufferers" (another word I don't like using) - because I spend a lot of time on the internet and I gathered if I'm gonna procrastinate this is a pretty good place to do it.

I am in my final year of sixth form (college for you Americans) before I head onto my gap year and then university. Of course much of the anxiety is about this big life step. I was prescribed 20mg Fluoxetine and whilst initially reluctant, I went for it in the view to get me through the remainder of school. It is my 18th birthday in June and I am strictly tee-total because of the medication but I do not want to be on medication for life..

Enough about me, you'll get to know me more hopefully through these forums, or maybe even the chat room.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day whenever you read this,

Kyle/kj

venusbluejeans
18-01-16, 01:55
Hiya kjwmc and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

kjwmc
18-01-16, 02:16
Hiya kjwmc and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Thank you for the welcome! I hope to gain and share some of the knowledge I have gained with my 4 years worth of on and off anxiety induced depression.