PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations scary

tony5496
18-01-16, 16:50
I am so glad I found this forum it's great. I have suffered with anxiety and depression over 20 years but the last year has been the worst in the way of panic attacks. Does anybody else experienced bad palpitations even when you are not panicking or very anxious ? I had a very scary experience on New Year's Eve I was sitting on my iPad very relaxed and and all of a sudden got lots of funny palpitations and fluttering right up into my throat it was like a machine gun going off. I jumped out of my seat and found it quite difficult to breathe-and felt like I was going to faint lasted about eight seconds. but I have never experienced this where you lose your breath it was very very scary and sent my anxiety into overdrive. i'm used to having the odd palpitations but this was totally different now it's left me on edge and I am very worried and just waiting for it to happen again so the days are just unbearable at the moment any advice would be great.

Millymollymandy
19-01-16, 05:49
Hi yes all the time! Have you had all the tests to check you out? I had a weird experience the other day. Drove to the supermarket feeling fine then bam heartbeat starts going all over the place. Then I felt dizzy and like i would pass out. Driving home I was shaking so much and i really thought this is it. I'm finishes. Anxiety is s dreadful thing. I am currently under a cardiologist and diagnosed with ectopic heartbeat. Anxiety obviously makes it worse.

---------- Post added at 05:49 ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 ----------

Breathing exercise helps. Also remember a panic or anxiety attack won't kill you but it sure feels like that at the time.

tony5496
19-01-16, 11:24
Yes I know what you mean they are very scary I had an ablation last April for super ventricle tachycardia where my heart would be at 220 Beats a minute they were very scary.I just can't work out whether the palpitations or if The ectopic beats Are just anxiety driven. The problem is when I get these Miss Beats or bad palpitations they just start me off again it really is a vicious circle it's like I'm on high alert just waiting for them to happen.i've been referred back to the cardiologist from my GP it's weird they only really started just before New years eve don't know whether you are the same and get that horrible full feeling in the throat it comes and it goesI think they call it globus. and yes anxiety is a so bad it seems to shift patterns sometimes with just other symptoms or aches and pains or funny feelings in the body.

Millymollymandy
19-01-16, 14:19
Yep absolutely. Been out and about today and had horrid chest pains on and off that have freaked me out. Now I'm home I'm fine. Heart beating all over the place earlier on now it's fine. I'm back at the cardio next week. My meds don't seem to be doing much. I want the ablation to put and end to it all. Anxiety makes everything do difficult and sadly nobody understands what it's like. Have you got a date to.see the cardio?

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

Do you think drinking a lot over the holidays made it worse? I do for me personally.

smithandrew12
19-01-16, 22:32
For me the best bits of advice i have had are cut caffeine reduce beer ( I only drink 2 pints, 3 times a week ant more and I know I will suffer) and when you wake up in the morning just lie there and listen to your breathing, how relaxed and how easy it is and the next time you have pals try and compare your breathing and try to get back to how it was in the morning, Always try to breath through your nose difficult but it works