PDA

View Full Version : Blood clot or..?

Sarita94
18-01-16, 22:33
Hi, hoping for some help here! :)
I'm a 21yr old female with health anxiety after a health scare last year. So here goes..
2 weeks ago I woke up with what felt like cramp in my leg. I thought it had worn off but it had lingered for 2 weeks. It originated in my knee but now radiates down my calf. Then, over the last few days, I feel like I have been shorter of breath than usual. There's no pain in my chest but it just feels like I can't get as much air in my lungs as normal although this could be anxiety. Basically I am now convinced I had blood clot in my leg that has now caused a pulmonary embolism :(
The leg pain seems to wear off and intensify and sometimes moves around.

** a bit of background **
I am on the contraceptive pill, non-smoker and not overweight. When in went to collect my last pack of pills, microgynon 30, the nurse told me that they had changed to a new brand- same combination of hormones just a different manufacturer. The leg pain seems to have coincided with about a month after starting his new pill. My dad was also diagnosed with a DVT about 6 months ago. He is 61, overweight and suffers with a heart condition. I really don'the know if this is all in my head but surely I can'tell be imaging the leg pain?! I haven't been in any flights but have been more imobile than usual with exam revision at uni. Any insight? I'm terrified of just keeling over!

** Added info: no swelling, discolouration or heat from leg. I know I should take comfort from this, but I read somewhere that the deeper and more serious clots often cause no visible symptoms **

Thank you so much :)

Fishmanpa
18-01-16, 23:42
My dad was also diagnosed with a DVT about 6 months ago. He is 61, overweight and suffers with a heart condition. ....

You: 21yr old female, non-smoker and not overweight, no swelling, discolouration or heat from leg.

Ummm nope, nope, nope.... :)

Positive thoughts

PS... my cat's Mom was named "Bobcat Legends Sarita" :) His Dad is Bobcat Legends Del Rio Grande". Our boy is "Bobcat Legends Socrates Ulysses. He looks a lot like his Mom but is big like his Dad :)