PDA

View Full Version : Sickening anxiety over melanoma

Worrywart528
19-01-16, 00:51
Been up and down lately. My anxiety has not been bad until today! I recieved awsome news that I was promoted in my organization. Something I had been working insanely hard over. The news left me ecstatic ! Suddenly a weight and that stress was lifted. Thursday I had a dermatalogy visit with a new derm. He did the mole check and took a mole I've had since my early 20's off. I am 35 at the moment. I asked him if it was melanoma and he really didn't say no... Said not my initial impression but it looks abnormal so I want it biopsied. The mole had not grown or changed. It was very dark and had different shades of brown but it always did. I am now waiting for the results and I keep finding Google stories about how people were diagnosed and their stories. I am now in such an anxious and depressed state I can't eat or function. It is almost like the extra stress getting ready for this promotion that was lifted has been replaced with more health anxiety .

hheavenlyangel
19-01-16, 09:48
I was just reading someone else's post and they said no amount of worry is going to make the outcome change so how about you just go about your day as you usually would because the chances are you will be fine.being the princess of googling may i just say... they are their stories and not your's. There are billions of people in the world and you are investing all your energy into someones story - and lets face i it, are they really telling the truth? They could be some 15 year old bored. So my point is, if its not out of the mouth of your Dr dont worry too much. Even if it is something, even if it is, you are going to be ok. You are doing all the right things and he is only getting it checked because he is a Dr and he isn't sure.