PDA

View Full Version : Stomach pulses

Blairsmum2003
19-01-16, 19:19
Hi was looking for advise my whole stomach is pulsing gets more noticeable when am anxious or panicky is this normal?

PlantsForHire
20-01-16, 00:48
Hi was looking for advise my whole stomach is pulsing gets more noticeable when am anxious or panicky is this normal?

The stomach is behind the rib cage just below your chest but I think what you meant was your abdomen/belly.

If that's the case then yes, it is normal because there is an artery there and when I'm tired/anxious about to go to bed I can feel my heartbeat very strong in that region. Classic anxiety symptom.

Savvy_Darling
20-01-16, 00:52
Yea it's normal.. Actually just last night when I took a bath I was like omg is this normal? But yea of course it is just like Plantsforhire said. I think when your anxious you are way too observant of things going on in your body. When your mind isn't focused on finding things wrong with you then you don't notice things like that.

Leslie735
20-01-16, 05:01
Mine does too. You can really see it when I'm laying ony back.

GingerFish
20-01-16, 12:37
I feel this almost constantly, whether I am anxious or not. I can also feel a constant pulse nearer my belly button too which gets stronger when I am anxious.

KeeKee
20-01-16, 14:17
I get this and have probably posted a thread about it at one point in the past. I have mentioned it to GP and it's fine. They say if you are slim it's more noticeable but when on antidepressants I gained a lot of weight and could still see my pulse. I've lost 20lbs now and can still see it the same as before. Anxiety will most certainly enhance it, but I believe in some people it can also be there without anxiety as it's just the way some people's bodies are built.

Blairsmum2003
20-01-16, 15:53
Thanks everyone