PDA

View Full Version : Shaking, heavy head. No change in lymph nodes for at least 4 years. Still scared.

scared88
19-01-16, 21:16
Like the title says I've been in a bad way today. Right now I have shakes and my head feels heavy. I've slept most of the day and not eaten much.
I felt my nodes in my armpits and they don't feel like they've grown but I dont know, they feel pointier and kinda scarier. They've been enlarged since 2007 and in 2011 I started to get worried about them. All the doctors I've been to say that it's nothing to worry about.

The smallest might have grown a bit but I don't know. They seem to be larger in the mornings or after I sleep. One node in my right groin has shrunk considerably though and seems to work like a normal node.
The nodes in the groin haven't changed.

halmatro
19-01-16, 21:22
I have the same problem. Most doctors say you should worry when they have grown to the point that you cant miss them. Ive even done an fnac and still worried going for another tomorrow.

sl1nky
19-01-16, 21:24
Prodding and poking at your lymph nodes will cause them to inflame, more than likely because you keep examining them, they get inflamed (grow) then gradually shrink over time. As for the other symptoms, try eating, your body needs a good balance of foods to function correctly, by lacking you'll surly see a decline in your physical strength and condition. And put some trust into your doctor, they have had many years of medical training and experience :) It's difficult i know, because you feel like they have always missed something or haven't looked properly, but getting them checked more than twice is probably enough for the year.

scared88
19-01-16, 21:36
I had two doctors feel them in one day about 2 weeks ago and they didn't think they were "pathological". I'm 27 years old and I've had them since mid 2007 when I was 18. Been worried about follicular lymphoma since 2011.

Fishmanpa
19-01-16, 21:39
What date is your appointment with your therapist? It's been about two weeks since you said you called.

Positive thoughts

scared88
19-01-16, 21:42
What date is your appointment with your therapist? It's been about two weeks since you said you called.

Positive thoughts

I never heard back :( I'm gonna have to call tomorrow

Fishmanpa
19-01-16, 21:52
I never heard back :( I'm gonna have to call tomorrow

That's odd... well let us know the date of the appointment when you get it.

Positive thoughts

scared88
19-01-16, 23:58
I will.

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

That's odd... well let us know the date of the appointment when you get it.

Positive thoughts

I'm apparently still on a waiting list.