PDA

View Full Version : Wrists hurts when I get anxious.. Is this normal?

Miia
20-01-16, 01:01
Hi :-)

Lately I've been getting really bad panic attaches and general anxiety and I've started to notice that when I get really nervous or scared that my wrists starts to ache and my fingers starts tingling. I've never experienced this before apart from when I have woken up from nightmares and I've been terrified. I would wake up and my wrists would be extremely painful. When I've woken up from the nightmares the pain would only last a minute or so and disappear however with the anxiety it sort of stays longer and is not as painful as when I get the nightmares. I've never experienced anxiety before up until the last 2 months when it's just been getting worse by the week so I'm not sure what is "normal" or not but I would just really like to know if anyone experience the same symptoms at all?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Mia

Raerae91
22-01-16, 06:27
Hi!

Definitely normal anxiety symptom that I also experience. Almost every morning it feels as if I slept on my hand its in a lot of pain, one day my hand was tingling for 6 hours on & off and I was extremely worried so I ended up talking to a doctor over the phone and they assured me that my GAD was causing this. Nothing to worry about.