PDA

View Full Version : Scary Lymph Nodes

PanicGuy94
20-01-16, 03:35
Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum for the last few days and I tought I would share my story since I really need to let it out.

It started last december when I wondered what this lump on the right side of my neck which I had for years was. So I unfortunately decided to Google it. The results showed a lot of scary stuff especially Lymphoma. After seeing this, I felt sick to my stomach, I couldn't sleep well and I couldn't eat for a few days. A few days later, I decided to go to my local walk-in clinic to get it checked out. Turns out it was only a sebaceous cyst which is common for people with acne. I started feeling better until a few days ago when I felt two lumps on the lower left side of my neck. They don't feel the same as the first one so I got really scared again and went to the clinic 2 days after. The doctor said that they are most likely reactive nodes and they should go down in a few weeks. The only problem is that I did not have the flu or cold in the last two years or so. The lumps feel semi-hard and very moveable. After I went to see this last doctor, I felt a bit better until today where I found an unexplained bruise on my thigh. Once again, my anxiety went sky high since I don't remember hitting anything. Now I am extremely scared that I have either Leukemia or Lymphoma. I can barely eat because the anxiety is so high and it is litteraly the only thing I can think of.

If you made it this far, thank you so much for reading my story. I would really appreciate any similar story that you guys have.

nirvanainchains
21-01-16, 04:36
Well, I have a lump/node in my jawline which is about 3-4 years, I have never consulted it to a doctor. I have googled it also and maybe this is a cystic acne, ‘cause I am acne/pimple prone guy. And I'm just like you, every pain and strange appearance in my skin makes me anxious. What I'm doing is try to ignore and stop googling which is very hard.