PDA

View Full Version : Waking up feeling nervous!!

helenclaire
20-01-16, 09:59
Hi,

This morning I have woken up feeling really jittery and nervous, but I have no reason to be.
I don't have anything to do today that should make me feel like this so why do I feel so bad?
I feel shaky, my stomach is churning, lightheaded and really on edge.

It's so annoying as I feel I am going to be like this all day now and I have work later, which is a struggle anyway but when I feel bad its so much worse.
I have had breakfast and trying to calm down, but at the same time worrying why I am feeling like this.
Is it just anxiety? or is something making me feel bad, such as an illness?
Its so frustrating.:shrug:

gregcool
20-01-16, 11:48
Sounds like anxiety ..have you got anything on your mind that can be causing you anxiety..we all suffer some kind of anxiety through our lives and its quite norm..i feel like this most mornings but am learning to except it and not fight it.thats the key ,not to dwell on it all day,i know thats hard when you feel like this,i supose for long term anxiety suffers like myself we learn to do this..it may well pass as your day goes by and you are busy..try not to focus on it..

GingerFish
20-01-16, 12:25
Sounds exactly like anxiety. I often feel like this in the morning. It feels horrible because you still feel sleepy from just waking up so it can make you feel almost like you're in a bad dream and you can't wake up from it. It feels like you'll never get out of it. What I do is I get out of bed as soon as I wake up and don't lie in bed worrying over how I feel. I go to the toilet, stand in front of the fan to try and wake myself up and then having something to eat - even if its just a bit of toast or a smoothie and I put on some music or the TV. It can take me an hour or 2 to get out of it but this type of anxiety rarely lasts the full day with me. The more you worry about "is it anxiety or something worse?" the more noticeable your feelings will be which will only lead to more worry and then more symptoms. Its hard to not dwell and question your worries but if you can try and work through them and pay them as little attention as you can and try to focus more on what has to be done for the day, it'll be gone before you know it.

helenclaire
20-01-16, 12:40
Thank you for your replies,

I get annoyed with myself because I have felt like this numerous times but I let the physical symptoms worry me and although I know dwelling on it makes it worse I just can't ignore it.
I don't want to go out when I feel like this because I worry I will collapse.
My logical side tells me I won't but I am so aware of the symptoms I can't stop my mind thinking otherwise.
:huh: