PDA

View Full Version : ocd about watches

Audi
20-01-16, 15:24
I just bought my dream watch but it was a preowned set. I bought it at a quite cheap price and its comes with some damaged on the watch bezel like scratches ding and minor dents.... its look ok to me when i first bought it... but the next day i somehow got obsessed by the ding and dents.... sometimes the watch looks ok to me but sometimes i m trouble by the dents.... but when i told myself its ok... just changed the bezel when the watch is due for servicing i feel relief.... today everything changed... i suddenly have a thought that if i changed the bezel the watch is not the same as it is...and i was trouble by the damaged ....... previously i had no issue with changing the bezel... but today the thought suddenly came in and tell me that if i changed the bezel the watch will not be the same although i get the original parts from the dealer.

Last time i dont think this way... i used to be positive and rational i also told myself scratches or any damaged if fine i just changed the parts will do... but the intrusive thought i am having now forbid me to do so.. i dont want to think this way

Please advise.

HeadInAJar
31-01-16, 09:45
If there is no time limit on making a decision about the watch, returning it etc, if it was me, I would put it aside and accept that it will likely be on my mind for awhile but I won't return to the topic to make any kind of decision for at least a few days. Letting time pass can help something like this not keep hitting you and changing your opinion over and over, which is tiring in and of itself.

:)