PDA

View Full Version : Nausea for 4 weeks. I'm so freaking scared.

leafie
20-01-16, 18:42
Please help me. :( I've had a mild nausea for the past few weeks. Went to the doctor and got endoscopy done. Nothing found. H.Pylori tests were negative. I'm so scared I have a brain tumor or something. I've been taking Famotidine for the past 2 weeks and I've finished the pack today. It's still here. It's not even like I have to go vomit and I didn't have to go since the beginning. I just know it's there and I'm scared. I think food has nothing to do with it because I can eat normally. There was a bit of constipation throughout. I also have hemorrhoids. Please, I'm 17 years old. Can it be something serious like cancer?

anxious1
21-01-16, 06:28
Nausea is a big anxiety issue in my opinion. I suffer from it a lot. The trouble is more you worry the worse it gets, or the more it comes on. All your tests have come normal so thats a good sign. Believe me anxiety manifests into all sorts of symptoms. And Nausea is one of the main. Just keep telling yourself its nausea. Its anxiety it will pass. I have had nausea for the past week and a half. It is horrible i absolutely loathe nausea. And trust me if i have to vomit it sounds like an rock concert. Chin up my friend. Things will get better

leafie
21-01-16, 18:37
Thanks but what if it's not just anxiety?

anxious1
22-01-16, 07:23
Thanks but what if it's not just anxiety?

Just remember all your tests have come back good. You are not actually vomiting either. Which is also good. I do suffer from the same and i would imagine most people on too suffer from the same. Whats making you nauseas is probably your worries about being nauseas. You may not be thinking directly but subconciously your mind is thinking about it. Hence the symptoms. When you feel nauseas try a cup of ginger tea, or biscuit or perhaps put some tumeric in your food. That has helped me, and most importantly and i know it is difficult. Try and relax. Fears and worries are our worst enemy

leafie
22-01-16, 20:14
But they didn't test me for brain tumor, that's why I'm scared.

Gary A
22-01-16, 20:21
What makes you think nausea is a symptom of a brain tumour?

Fishmanpa
22-01-16, 22:07
Can it be something serious like cancer?

At 17? Not in the least IMO. You're posting in an anxiety forum about a very common anxiety symptom.

Positive thoughts

leafie
23-01-16, 10:36
What makes you think nausea is a symptom of a brain tumour?

Bunch of symptom websites. I'm don't mean WebMD but more serious like NHS or Headsmart.