PDA

View Full Version : Pins and needles in left toes when moving foot a certain way

Anonybrit
20-01-16, 19:06
Sup guys,

Bit at a loss with this so figure I'll ask other peeps that are likely to be active etc. Been to a doctor who is not bothered, a physio who is kinda vague and I am a doctor myself and can't really figure it out but then again it's not my area at all.

Basically about 2 months ago I noticed when I walked down stairs, two toes on my left foot would slightly tingle. I ignored it and eventually it disappeared, only to return exactly the same only worse 2 weeks ago. Now if I bend my ankle back in a certain way I can feel a kind of "ping" sensation over the top of my foot and then a little prickle of pins and needles go down into those toes.

It's not numb or weak or anything else, just this.

About 4 months ago I got back into lifting after being lazy for about 2 years. I also started martial arts and yoga (i'm not very flexible) and have probably been overdoing it. I wonder if these are the cause or if it's posture, or if it's something else entirely. Neither doc nor physio thinks it's nerve entrapment, but it really feels like it is pinging against something.

Me being me I instantly think it's something like MS so it's causing me a lot of stress.

jennyk84
12-02-16, 14:43
Hi. Did you ever find out more about your toes, or did the sensation go away? I fell a few weeks ago, and then developed the tingly sensation. I was not worried about that, however when I take a hot shower, my leg also develops a strange numb/heavy sensation as well.

mnaha
24-03-16, 07:25
I get this all the time. I think its got something to do with exposed nerve. I get it in my fingers and feet sometimes and toes etc..I think its pretty harmless.

Josh1234
24-03-16, 13:38
What kind of doctor are you?

Also, last week, every time I bent down, I got pins and needles in my right foot. I went to a chiropractor, and the sensation cleared up within a day or two.