PDA

View Full Version : After-eating anxiety?

sl1nky
20-01-16, 20:42
I find after I eat, especially large amounts of food, a couple of hours later when my body probably starts digesting, that i become absolutely consumed with tiredness and anxiety. :scared15:

I just come home from work, feeling exhausted and peckish, bought a Subway on the way home (couldn't be bothered cooking), crammed it in then napped for 2 hours. Woke up and my heart was beating so hard, at one point it paused a little to long, beat so hard my body jolted, at this point you know I was absolutely freaking out since it's never happened before. :unsure:

Fishmanpa
20-01-16, 20:49
Cramming a sub and going to sleep probably wasn't the best idea. Obviously, your body doesn't like you doing that. Your anxiety is in reaction to that. Pretty evident what you need to do. Smaller meals, more often and it's always wise not to go to sleep after a big meal or on a really full belly.

Positive thoughts

sl1nky
20-01-16, 21:03
Cramming a sub and going to sleep probably wasn't the best idea. Obviously, your body doesn't like you doing that. Your anxiety is in reaction to that. Pretty evident what you need to do. Smaller meals, more often and it's always wise not to go to sleep after a big meal or on a really full belly.

Positive thoughts

A foot long sub it was too :doh: Yes I'm defiantly feeling the averse effects of doing so, I guess it's just taking it's toll having been experiencing anxiety all day, i was just hoping i could eat, sleep and wake up feeling better about it all. :huh:

Lifelonganxiety!
20-01-16, 22:29
Been there many times myself. Get home, eat a meal then fall asleep for a couple of hours and wake up feeling awful.

Digesting and short sleep cycles both affect your physiology. Given we have a tendency to scan our bodies for signals of something wrong, we often misinterpret the feelings we get after eating or sleeping and amplify them.

What you experience is perfectly normal. But eating smaller meals and maintaining a more regular sleep schedule without long naps will certainly help.

sl1nky
20-01-16, 22:39
Been there many times myself. Get home, eat a meal then fall asleep for a couple of hours and wake up feeling awful.

Digesting and short sleep cycles both affect your physiology. Given we have a tendency to scan our bodies for signals of something wrong, we often misinterpret the feelings we get after eating or sleeping and amplify them.

What you experience is perfectly normal. But eating smaller meals and maintaining a more regular sleep schedule without long naps will certainly help.

Ah yeah that makes sense to me, also eating a lot can make you feel more tired, i remember reading a study about thanks giving dinners, i shall avoid doing this in the future. :shades: Thanks.

Mike_NY
29-02-16, 17:31
The past week I have been getting very jittery and panicky after eating lunch at work and between 2 and 5pm I have been having panic attacks. Starting today, I am not eating at all until dinner time.