PDA

View Full Version : in a real state :(

white1989
21-01-16, 15:52
so for the last few weeks I've just not been feeling myself at all. but over the last few days, things seem to have got really bad. I've had chronic headaches been going on for nearly a week which seem really severe over the last few days. I've got a sore throat which keeps coming and going and just generally feel like my head is super pressurised and could explode at any moment. Taking paracetamol which isn't making a difference. I went for a walk home earlier during lunch and when I got home I had the worst palpitations, I just couldn't calm them down, I was so terrified I had to have a lie down on the couch and was late back to work. I just can't help but feel like something is seriously wrong, I'm beyond exhausted I literally can't get out of bed despite trying to get a good night's sleep, my head is pounding, and I have really bad intermittent lower back pain as well. All this has been going on for the last 3 weeks and I just don't understand what is up with me but I'm convinced its either a brain tumour, some sort of cancer or another serious auto immune disease. I feel like a doctor's appointment would be a waste of time because, firstly it takes so long to get one, and secondly its all symptoms that the doctor is likely to pass off as a cold/flu even though I know this has been going on for far longer than a cold should and the headaches just don't seem normal.

Really in need of reassurance as at the moment I just want to break down and cry with fear :(

Gary A
21-01-16, 16:31
Your first port of call should absolutely be your doctor. I don't know why you'd think it was a waste of time going to be honest, surely if you feel ill it's the first thing you do?

white1989
21-01-16, 17:01
I've got a strong history of anxiety on my doctors notes and in my experience, doctors are very quick to blame nearly everything I suffer with on anxiety so it is usually a waste of time, or just leaves me feeling really stupid and insignificant

Gary A
21-01-16, 17:28
If your doctor makes you feel that way then you're quite within your rights to request a new one.