PDA

View Full Version : Ok, another lymph node post...

AnxiousLife
21-01-16, 15:54
I know, there have been a million posts on here about lymph nodes, but I am a bit concerned with some recent symptoms.

I have been running a low fever for about a week now... was holding pretty steady around 100 or so, but I don't feel sick at all! During this time, I noticed the left side of my neck looked a bit odd... it feels like a string of small marbles going down the cervical neck area. They are painless, and moveable, but definitely swollen to say the least.

Anyway, I made an appointment and saw my GP yesterday....He said the lymph nodes are quite swollen, and I have some on the right side of my neck as well. He gave me a 10 day course of antibiotics and ran a giant panel of blood work, testing everything from Mono to general WBC, etc. If it doesn't go down in 10 days, he wants to do a CT.

Those of you with lymph node experience (I'm looking at you, Fishmanpa!) Does this sound like something I should worry about? I'm going crazy waiting for my tests to get back...Fever is still up and nodes are still swollen, although I'm trying not to touch them as I know it can make them bigger. Of course, my mind is just going to the worst case senario....

Fishmanpa
21-01-16, 16:17
Those of you with lymph node experience (I'm looking at you, Fishmanpa!) Does this sound like something I should worry about?

I know the anxious mind will still worry but... this is definitely NOT something to be concerned with at this point. Take your meds as directed and see how the bloods come out. If they start to go down and your bloods are within normal ranges (even if they're slightly off) then you're good. Your doctor is on top of this so rest assured your best interests and health are being attended to. Remember, they may remain swollen for a bit afterwards as well. Do whatever you can do not to poke and prod as it just aggravates them.

Positive thoughts

AnxiousLife
21-01-16, 16:22
Thank you, Fishmanpa. I guess it's nice just being reassured at times. I've never had swollen lymph nodes in the past, and because I don't feel ill, I am just curious as to what this could possibly be. Hopefully I will hear something today or tomorrow with the blood work.

AnxiousLife
21-01-16, 23:25
Well, it turns out I have mono!! Ugh! No other symptoms but fever and swollen glands... Guess things could be worse

44wise
18-05-16, 15:15
I know the anxious mind will still worry but... this is definitely NOT something to be concerned with at this point. Take your meds as directed and see how the bloods come out. If they start to go down and your bloods are within normal ranges (even if they're slightly off) then you're good. Your doctor is on top of this so rest assured your best interests and health are being attended to. Remember, they may remain swollen for a bit afterwards as well. Do whatever you can do not to poke and prod as it just aggravates them.

Positive thoughts

Man am I glad I found this place. Google was killing me not disease! Fishmanpa, thanks for all your comments. Just came home from Doctor, all classic signs of sinus infection and a slightly swollen lymph node behind one ear. Gave me meds for pain, a cortisone spray and took blood. Oh my god the blood is to confirm his suspicions of my pending gloomy diagnosis. In fact he said it was to guide his decision on treatment. I had to remind him to check my node as he didn't seem to care. I came home and started googling, sure he was incompetent or hiding the truth. By accident I found this site and I have spent the last two hours reading and feeling better, both about my node but also about my HA. Thanks for taking the time to answer. My take away for tonight is to stop poking it :D:D and from now on "no more panic" goes with every compulsive symptom Google! Thanks to you and everyone sharing.