PDA

View Full Version : Burning/Sore Throat

CrazyBirdFluff
21-01-16, 18:28
Hi guys, new here, wondered if you could give me your opinions :)

I'm another anxiety sufferer.. big time emetophobe. Recently I've been feeling nauseous constantly, but I'm pretty sure that's down to a mix of stress/anxiety, and a REALLY bad diet of not enough food + too much cherry coke (I know :doh: .) I keep waking up in the middle of the night convinced I'm about to throw up.

The other night, had this huge talk with a friend about my worries and the nausea went away, just like that. I was shocked but SO relieved that it had gone!!

Late yesterday afternoon, I started feeling this burning in the back of my throat, which I then started to feel on the back and sides of my tongue.. like I'd eaten something REALLY peppery. (I'm allergic to peppery/spicy stuff so it's not that!) Then I could feel it burning around the backs of my gums.. and lastly, my nose started going all runny, as if I'd eaten something hot and it was clearing my airways.

Of course, I googled all this, and Burning Mouth Syndrome (Never heard of it!) and GERD came up. I noticed a lot of GERD sufferers said they got a nasty taste in their mouth of bile or whatever, but I have none of that.

I tried some baking soda mixed with water and that seemed to help for 20 mins or so. Then I ate some natural yogurt, also helped. Cold water helps, but the burning returned.

In the end, I went to bed fearful that I was going to throw up at some point (for a change), but added another pillow and woke up today feeling ok. My throat felt a little tender but nothing awful. Instead of drinking coke, I had some food that was pretty bland so as not to set it off again. It's still not as bad as it was last night, but it's definitely still feeling quite hot, swollen, raw and strange. I've been drinking lots of water but it's not doing a lot.

My parents have had a really bad sore throat in the last week, so could it be (she says almost hopefully) that I'm going down with that instead?! It just feels strange and not normal sore throat like.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated! Cheers.

anxious1
22-01-16, 07:32
I have Gerd and can tell you know. Burning throat is quite common. As the acid rises from our stomachs when we lie down. Hence this causes the burning throat, my advice to you is avoid any spicy food. Avoid the cherry coke, as it only serves to make things worse. (And this is coming from a major cherry coke fan) avoid milk and dont lie down after eating for 3 hours. This will give your stomach a chance to digest your food, hope this helps

uru
22-01-16, 08:16
Buy some gaviscon

CrazyBirdFluff
27-01-16, 22:09
Thanks guys. It definitely lessened, and now it's hardly there, but still slightly noticeable. Bought some Gaviscon, we'll see how that goes. Cheers!