PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me please.

ella32
21-01-16, 20:37
I'm a long time sufferer of health anxiety majority heart related I think every chest pain is heart attack or sign of pending heart attack it's horrible. Ended up in hospital yesterday with chest pain has ecg and bloods done and everything was normal they even did d dimer test for clots all fine but today I'm having pain down my right arm and chest pain so I'm automatically thinking it heart related and starting to scare myself. Does anyone get right arm pain .xx

SarahCap
21-01-16, 20:44
Hello, I am rubbish at my left and right but I think heart related issues in the arms is your left arm rather than your right.

Arm pain can be caused by so many different things but usually muscular and your muscles are under more strain when your anxious than they are pumping iron at the gym.

It is my opinion that if you have had all the heart tests which I am sure would be so scary for you especially the initial pain before you were admitted you have had a lot of stress the past few days and that will make your more alert to any little tingle!

try a warm bath to relax your muscles and think about if your have been texting much on your phone etc which also could be causing your arm to have additional strain x

debs71
21-01-16, 20:49
Hi,

Right arm pain will not be cardiac related. The typical scenraio for that is LEFT arm pain.

Try if you can to trust what the doctor has said here, hard as that is, but this is just your anxiety creating both the chest and arm pain. I suffer from GAD (had it 13 years now) and if I had a pound for every time I had chest and arm pain over the years, I would be sipping a cocktail on a warm beach now!!

It is amazing what anxiety can create, and chest pain and ANY body aches and pains are classic symptoms, due to either panicky breathing/hyperventilation or just the way we hold ourselves when we are very anxious, with a lot of tension.

Trust that you have had very good testing, with the ECG, bloods and even a d dimer, and they said NOTHING is wrong. Try to relax by distracting your mind somehow - bit of tv or a dvd, play a game on the PC/laptop, etc. It really does help calm that kind of physical stuff down. I also use a heat pad or a hot water bottle if my aches and pains are bad.....very comforting too. xx:hugs:

ella32
21-01-16, 21:09
Thank you so much for replying. Its so hard to rationalize this but im trying.xx

debs71
21-01-16, 22:04
No worries.x

Yep, anxiety is a real pain. No matter how we try to stay rational, it is that nasty whisper that something is actually wrong. The rational thing to try to hold on to is that the tests you have had would have shown something if this was truly your heart. No decent doctor would let you home if they had any doubt. xx

nirvanainchains
22-01-16, 00:26
Heart attack can either be left or right, or even nothing at all. It just comes on big time, source? Google. Google really suck. Well, I am suffering from extreme chest pain in my left to the center, that radiates to my left upper back. The pain scale would be 9/10. It will come on and off, the last flare up was 2 days ago. I have had an ECG 13 months ago(a year ago) and it was normal, except that the doctor diagnosed me with Mitral Valve Prolapse which made me worried. I want another ECG but I don't have the money yet.
------you have been tested so BRUSH AWAY your worries. You’re 100% fine. Anxiety causes wide spread body pain.