PDA

View Full Version : Ganglion on ankle??

IvyGreenwich
22-01-16, 00:10
3 years ago i discovered a solid lump, near to my ankle bone. I initially showed a doctor who brushed it off without explanation. Health anxiety has gripped me lately, i remembered lump and queried with different doctor. Following ultrasound i have been diagnosed with a fluid filled lump, possible ganglion. Doctor is now referring me to an orthopaedic surgeon for further evaluation, as the lump has not presented in 'usual ankle site' and in her words is ' largish' at 3cm. She also explained that they donot think lump is anything sinister. Spent last couple of hours googling fluid filled lumps and bumps and now feeling terrified of various nasties! Im not sure how accurately ultrasound can differentiate between solid and fluid? Can't help wondering why lump wasn't taken seriously years ago when i first discovered! Anyone been through similar?

Leslie735
22-01-16, 03:40
I have a lump near my ankle bone too. I can't see it but I can feel it. It feels like a piece bone, its really hard. Like you, it has scared me.

the_anxious_mind
22-01-16, 04:12
First of all STOP GOOGLING!!! :D It is SO HARD not to do!!! For those of us with HA it is so so so hard not to do I know. But I have had to swear off of it because it was driving me absolutely mad. If you have seen a few different doctors I would believe their opinions on it. If they do not see it as life threatening, try not to worry. Easier said than done I know!

---------- Post added at 04:12 ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 ----------

Additionally, I have had a similar thing on my wrist on a few occasions but it eventually went away. Our bodies are so strange sometimes!

IvyGreenwich
22-01-16, 07:15
Will try not to google! Just so do scared right now. Thank you both for replying x

Lifelonganxiety!
22-01-16, 18:30
I have four or five lumps around my ankles. Most people probably do if they look for them. The thing is most people don't go looking for them!

I imagine what you have it totally benign. Particularly as you noticed it 3 years ago and nothing has progressed.

Mudskipper
22-01-16, 20:58
Had the same about four years ago. First doctor said it was nothing to worry about, a second sent me for an ultrasound but it didn't show anything untoward. It's still there now and I wonder if it's anything to do with my preference for boots over shoes, placing more pressure higher up the foot area? Just a thought. I wouldn't worry about it if it's been there that long without causing a problem .:flowers: