PDA

View Full Version : hi my name is devin baker please help?

Dbaker
22-01-16, 03:58
hi my name is devin baker and I have been suffering from these strange eye symptoms and really need help?

floaters
flashing lights
after image kind of like double vision
seeing a light drizzle and TV like static sometimes
light sensitivity
eye pain

I have been to the eye doctor 5 times now and every time they have told me I have perfect retinas and I have 20/20 vison but it doesn't feel like it. I have also been to the neurologist who did a mri and CT scan of my head to which all have came back perfect. I have been diagnosed with sever anxiety and panic disorder and wonder if this can be the cause of the problem?

'''If anybody has an answer please help me all advice and tips are welcome'' THANKS

the_anxious_mind
22-01-16, 04:04
hi my name is devin baker and I have been suffering from these strange eye symptoms and really need help?

floaters
flashing lights
after image kind of like double vision
seeing a light drizzle and TV like static sometimes
light sensitivity
eye pain

I have been to the eye doctor 5 times now and every time they have told me I have perfect retinas and I have 20/20 vison but it doesn't feel like it. I have also been to the neurologist who did a mri and CT scan of my head to which all have came back perfect. I have been diagnosed with sever anxiety and panic disorder and wonder if this can be the cause of the problem?

'''If anybody has an answer please help me all advice and tips are welcome'' THANKS

Hello! And welcome! I also have fuzzies, floaters, and light sensitivities. Especially and most always when my anxiety is at its peak. I had my eyes checked and they told me everything looked perfectly fine and healthy! I have read numerous articles saying that anxiety can exacerbate or even create these floaters. If you have had these things checked out as you say, you are definitely okay! These floaters can be irritating as all get out and very scary at times, but I have found that it has a very close correlation to my anxiety! I feel your fear--I still struggle with it sometimes!

Read this article--it may help! I commend you for going to see the doctor and eye doctor, because many would fear facing it.

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms/eye-vision-problems.shtml

---------- Post added at 04:04 ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 ----------

I have also found when I get a little flashing of light or even think that it is happening, I will get racing heart and fear that I am having a visual episode. You're in good company!

Dbaker
22-01-16, 04:09
Thanks for the support and the article I will defiantly check it out thanks.

the_anxious_mind
22-01-16, 04:13
Thanks for the support and the article I will defiantly check it out thanks.

No problem! And my eye Dr. even said that stress and anxiety can definitely affect our vision. With me it is a vicious circle. I am now on meds and seeing some improvement as I don't linger on the thoughts as bad.

Dbaker
22-01-16, 04:32
same here and you will get through it if the meds are helping stick with them because I think that's part of my problem I was of meds when the panic attacks first started and then I stopped them. now there back and have these new visual symptoms. Now I'm about to start taking Lexapro for my anxiety but I'm really nervous about it.

Shazamataz
22-01-16, 07:10
Oh, I have eye issues as well, but there is nothing medically wrong. It definitely increases as my anxiety does.

It's kind of like I can't focus properly, am very sensitive to light and my eyes get all scratchy. Floaters too.

Hopefully this will ease for you once you are on medication again.