PDA

View Full Version : Tips on how to calm down waiting for biopsy results?

Masonn
22-01-16, 07:24
So I finally got my massive birthmark/mole biopsied today after worrying about it on and off for years, it had even started aching but I'm not sure if that was because of my anxiety or not (can HA cause that?). I just told my doctor it had been aching and he suggested a biopsy which scared me a bit, I didn't have to suggest it myself. I asked him after he took it if he thinks it is anything and he said he does not know and to wait for the results. He then asked me if the hair had always been there and I said yes, then he looked a bit worried.

I'm so scared and anxious and I have to wait a week for results. I've basically believed myself it's melanoma and I'm preparing for the worst. I'm 17 and I've convinced myself I won't even grow old enough to have children. Any tips on how I can try get my mind off this for the next week? I'm going to go crazy.

hheavenlyangel
22-01-16, 10:06
If it is anything bad the dr will call you in, well thats what every dr i have ever been to does. Lots of moles have hairs some are dark some are light aching certainly doesn't indicate anything. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Its going to work out just fine. Enjoy the weekend and have an amazing Australia day. Its going to be fine.

Masonn
22-01-16, 10:11
If it is anything bad the dr will call you in, well thats what every dr i have ever been to does. Lots of moles have hairs some are dark some are light aching certainly doesn't indicate anything. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Its going to work out just fine. Enjoy the weekend and have an amazing Australia day. Its going to be fine.

Nice to see another aussie here. Have you had any experience with being called in on a biopsy? How fast was it? I feel like by Wednesday or so I'll be settled down because if it was serious I would've been called by then but that's 5 days away :(

hheavenlyangel
22-01-16, 10:16
I have had a call 2 days after! Just relax, its going to be fine.

Masonn
22-01-16, 10:39
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just have to deal with the anxiety over the weekend

Masonn
27-01-16, 03:50
Thought I'd update results came back benign :)

LilGsMama
27-01-16, 12:46
Good news Masonn! :)