PDA

View Full Version : Loose bowels after antibiotics

Wilburis
22-01-16, 10:02
Hello

I took a week's worth of antibiotics for a chest infection.

This immediately gave me loose bowels.

Well, 3 weeks later, my bowels are still loose and light brown in colour (sorry for TMI).

Is this normal?

Everything was normal before I took the medication so Im trying to convince myself that its just the medication that has killed my "good bacteria".

Im in a really bad state about it as my cousin has bowel cancer and I cant stop thinking that I have it now too.

Can anyone help?

Also, Im waiting some test results and I am in a heightened state of anxiety too.

I go to bed hoping that tomorrow will be different, when infact, its just the same as the day before.

Thank you, Liz xx

Hopefulmi
22-01-16, 11:12
Totally normal took mine a while to rectify x

Wilburis
22-01-16, 12:26
Thank you.

One less thing to worry about! xx:blush:

MyNameIsTerry
22-01-16, 12:51
Yeah, antibiotics do cause these problems. Try replenishing your healthy bacteria by eating yoghurt, it helps. My mum was in hospital with pneumonia a while back so was on a mixture of IV & oral ones which gave her terrible runs. It left her "out of sorts" in that dept but eating a yoghurt or two a day restored it fairly quickly.

Just keep an eye on your hydration levels too. If got are going excessively over a longer period of time you may be losing your body salts but you can get rehydration salts to help with this.

Wilburis
22-01-16, 12:58
Thank you x