PDA

View Full Version : whats happening to my hormones ?

mirry
25-02-07, 21:51
Been concerned for 5 days now, supposed to have had a period and havent :o
havent tried for a baby, although it would be nice.
I really think i got hormonal problems going on, I am 38 so am wondering is this normal, Ive been having problems for about 10 months but its def getting worse. Im too young for menopause but Ive been reading about perimenopause, could this be possible at my age ?
I also feel slightly sicky and not sleeping too well, I have the pill to start on but I cant till I have a period :confused:

I been dizzy again and fed up with it all, is this normal ?
thanks for reading.

jodie
25-02-07, 22:06
hi mirry

i to started to miss periods when my anxiety got worse my hormones went all over the place i now have a period and then miss one .i have see the doc about it and he sead lots of people are the same and not to stress about it he sead i wolud be ok as long as i was having them .
he told me they will come back to having one every month and he was right they are coming back to normal now slowly but they are lol.

jodie xx

anxious
25-02-07, 22:07
Hi Mirry,

i'm just a bit older than you and my periods have been regular as clockwork since i was in my teens but last few months they are either late or early. I was discussing the same thing with my friend recently and shes having the same problems, so it could quite easily be an age thing.
Is it worth taking a pg test just to be sure? Early pg symptoms can be just like pmt.
anx x

nomorepanic
26-02-07, 00:00
Why don't you go and see docs

I missed periods for about 6 months then started again - quite common and normal.

mirry
26-02-07, 07:29
Thanks everyone.
Nic, did doc say why it happens ?

Perimenopause is something people dont talk about ,but it does happen apparently from the age 35 up until menopause. My periods used to be every 32 days then over the years have got shorter and shorter until they have been 22 days recently.
My cousin told me that my nan had her menopause at the age of 39.....but my mother said that its not true (i dont know who to believe) but you can use your family as a guide as to when it could happen.
My other nan had cancer so didnt go thru a menopause at all, she was 44 at the time.
Also I been reading that perimenopause could give anxiety and panic which is interesting since I started getting anxiety at the age of 35.

jo61
26-02-07, 08:40
Hi Mirry, mine went haywire last summer and again a few years ago when I was in the middle of a bad episode. As I'm 46 my GP ordered a blood test and my hormones were found to be normal. It was just the anxiety that caused it. Worth going to your GP just to make sure.

lass
26-02-07, 20:11
Hi Mirry, I'd agree with the other posts. However, i do know that menopause can happen at any time - one of my friends went through it in her early 30s and I have heard of some poor girls who have been early 20s.

You can have a simple blood test to check your hormones and they will be able to tell you if you are in the perimenopause phase, menopausal or whatever.

But I would agree with the others that since anxiety my periods have been all over the place. At one point they got very late, very heavy and very painful. Then I started on Evening Primrose Oil (1000mg) and they became regular and much lighter - and improved my PMT symptoms too!

So if you go to docs and nothing is found there, then I would definintely give the Evening Primrose oil a go (and apparently it's on offer in H&B at the moment too!).

mirry
28-02-07, 07:32
I started on the progesterone only pill yesturday, In a bid to stop the horrible Pmt that I get monthly, does anyone know how long it takes to feel the difference ? Im told it stops the ovarys releasing an egg each month which will help my PMT.
Also cos I have a phobia of pills, how do I remember to take it every morning ? And how do I stop worrying that Ive already taken it (think I have a bit of OCD when it comes to medicine).

Piglet
28-02-07, 09:16
Think of always taking it with your breakfast hun!

I think most people start to notice differences after completing the first packet but they do say to allow 3 months.

Piglet :)

mandie
28-02-07, 10:04
Hi Mirry

I have problems with my periods, i suffer with cysts on my ovaries so periods are all over the place

They started coming every 6-8 weeks which is good for me, but i havent had one since before xmas

I feel dizzy, sick, tired but im sure its because i am so anxious at the moment and thats why they have stopped again.

love mandie x