PDA

View Full Version : Spirometry Breathing test

Lemondrizzle
22-01-16, 19:30
Ok so I posted last night about how I have episodes now and again where I feel I can't get a satisfying deep breath and I try to get it but struggle been to dr about it before who said its anxiety.

ANYWAY it's back and now the last 3 nights I have DREAMT I can't breath seems so real !!!
So I went back to dr who listened to lungs heart took oxygen levels all ok. He doesn't think it's sleep apnea I gave had a test for that about 2 years ago but has asked me to have some breathing tests? A Spirometry? Prescribed mye blue inhaler and said bring it with me to the appointment. I have never had asthma or smoked. I am over weight but have lost 2 stone. The dr says he will have these tests done to rule things out and also as my son us asthmatic but from his fathers side.

I'm scared to sleep!!!! I even recorded myself sleeping and I am embarrassed I snore!!!! Advice or anyone who has experienced the dream if not breathing please reply xx

sunild1204
26-01-16, 13:51
Right now you are doing conscious breathing.
You have to breathe without thinking anything about it. You must bring your breathing to subconscious back from conscious breathing.
In short it is more of a perceived problem than the real.
The fact that it is caused by anxious behavior and is not real, you can resolve it by not thinking much about it and relaxing.
Just calm down and relax.

Next time you feel you are not able to breathe try these exercises:
You can try following exercises for few weeks to see the difference. These 2 exercises may help open up breathing path.

Exercise 1
• 1)breathe in slowly through your nose. (Take a single small breathe in).
• 2)Pinch close your nose with index & thumb finger and also close your mouth and HOLD that breath for a further 15-20 seconds or till you can hold.
The hold will generate CO2 and CO2 is a DILATOR which helps open up breathing path.
• 3)breathe out slowly through your Nose.
* Repeat steps 1-3 above at least 3-5 times.

Exercise 2
1) Exhale from nose to exhaust all the air
2) Now Hold Pinch your nose (mouth closed) and hold it for around 20-30 seconds or till you can hold.
3) Breathe in / out when you can not hold anymore.
* Repeat steps 1-3 above at least 3 times in a session.