PDA

View Full Version : Hi

cheeky monkey
25-02-07, 23:25
Hi Everyone
Just thought I would pop in and say hi, I know Lea has been in and updated you. We are taking care of each other.
I have been trying hard to get back to some sort of good life after some horrid months, I have been seeing the doc on regular appointments and he is trying his hardest to get me the right treatments.
I have made my mind up about the stomach op if after seeing the surgeon he says I can have it Im gona go through it, as im getting fed up of taking tablets when I eat.
I also had a letter yesterday and I have an appointment with the knee surgeon as they think I have debri floating about in my knee.
Im also trying hard with the drink its been a week since my last drink at the moment I am drinking ginger beer and shandy bass they are ok but not as good as the real thing lol.
I am also keeping my fingers crossed, as you all know I have been trying to find my sister and try and make up, well I put a post up on her local newspaper site and her best friend saw it, she told pippa that I was looking for her and then texted lea and told her that pippa said she would write to me, I am now really nervous as pip didnt pass on her details, Im scared that she is going to give me bad news that she doesnt want to know me, this im dreading as ive come so far and dont want to slip back again, in my mind I so much want to see her but am scared that if she hates me it will make me do something like last time.
Apart from that me and Lea are going to crufts in two weeks time which im looking forward too, perhaps I could kidnap all the dogs there lol.
anyway have to go
take care
susie x

Karen
25-02-07, 23:37
Hi Susie

:welcome: back. It is good to hear all the positive steps towards progress that you are taking at present. I am glad you and Lea are looking out for each other.

As regards your sister, you are already preparing yourself for bad news by the sound of it so anything better than that will be a bonus. I would've thought there might be some interest for the friend to get in touch. I hope so as I know it is important to you.

Keep safe and keep looking after yourself. You are doing well.

Karen

nomorepanic
25-02-07, 23:52
Susie

Welcome back

Great news on all you have done.

Good luck!
x

Southern_Belle
26-02-07, 00:12
Hi Susie,

Glad to hear you are taking positive some positive steps. It is good to know that you at least know your sister is okay and she is alive and well. You cannot control what she does but at least you know she is okay. Perhaps you could write her a letter and this friend could give it to her? I hope you and Lea have a fab time on your trip.

Bel

Sax
26-02-07, 08:52
:) Hi Susie,

Good to hear everything sounds so positive and upbeat atm I hope this continues. All the best with your sister as Karen said its odd if she doesn't want to know considering the friend got in touch. I wish you luck with that but you keep positive just for you and know you have the strength to keep this up.
Well done Susie, great to hear

love Sax xx:cool:

trac67
26-02-07, 10:03
Nice to see you back Susie and sounding so positive, keep it up:)

Love

Trac xxx

Piglet
26-02-07, 19:28
:D Nice to hear from you again :D

Piglet x

cheeky monkey
27-02-07, 15:48
Hi
Thankyou all for your welcomes, its nice to be back:) .

Just phoned the hospital to make an appointment for my knee, I found out that our hospital unit has closed so I cant go there, so Ive had a list of certain hospitals. Its strange I tried to join bupa but you have to be fit to join:confused: .

Well for the first time in ages I have looked to the next few months and lea and I have booked our holiday, we are going to my home town Portsmouth camping, which should be fun, We have got a 6 man tent as last year we had a 2man and I forgot that you can lean on a tent to get out of it otherwise it collapses:D Plus I Have gone mad on ebay collecting Portsmouth football club shirts at the last count I have 10. UP Pompey.

Oh and we are going drowning oopppsss I mean swimming again which Im looking forward to as we have cows underwater in our pool :confused: honest I can hear cows.
And this week on sunday sky my dogs sister is coming over from holland so got to do loads of cleaning yuck. she is entered into crufts thats why we are going. so look out for us on tv.

I am also still doing my art, I have another exhibition in april, and Im also back on ebay. Im also looking at hireing space in our shopping centre. And entering a major art comp in the art magazines.
So I trying really hard.
thankyou all once again it really helps knowing ive still got friends here.
take care and speak soon
susie;)

trac67
27-02-07, 20:51
where in portsmouth are you going to Susie as i am just across the harbour in Gosport, make sure you bring some hot weather with you when you come lol

Love

Trac xx

cheeky monkey
27-02-07, 21:24
Hi Trac
cor wish I knew that last year,lol we had to stay in portsmouth overnite and looking at the map thought that gosport was near portsmouth ferry terminal but taxi said it was miles away. But this year we are going for my birthday at the end of august and staying at southsea leisure park. But we will be going in to portsmouth and surrounds. im mad on the victory ship so will be spending time there.
are you from that area? I love it down there and visit as much as I can,
Take care
susie x

trac67
27-02-07, 21:45
susie,

The ferry takes you into Gosport, it is about 20 minutes on the motorway but 5 minutes by ferry, I have lived here for 22 years now, i expect the weather to be extra hot in august now please lol. Southsea has so much to do and so has portsmouth with the dockyard you will have a fab time

Love

Trac xx

cheeky monkey
02-03-07, 11:30
Hi
we might have a visit to gosport as ive never been there. Oh and now the bad news trac when I go on holiday the rain snow hail thunder, tornados and everything else always follows me so if I was you I would book a holiday to iceland the week we come as you would get better weather :D
We are just off to the hospital now for the vampire to drain me of blood been there this week already but the doc forgot to fill my form in. Its been very stressful week as car was playing up and we had to spend money on it which didnt have. and husband has stressed me no end. but unlike before Im handling it much better though at work one of the staff wouldnt do what I asked him and as it was the day I had all the problems I did kick the door, otherwise things been ok.
How are you trac and everyone else. speak soon after the vampire has struck :D
take care
hugs
susie

trac67
02-03-07, 12:19
Hi susie,

I am good thanks, hope your hospital visit goes well and they leave you with some blood lol
Let me know the dates you are decending upon the south and i will book my holiday to the north pole if it is going to be warmer there lol

Love

Trac xx

cheeky monkey
05-03-07, 23:12
Hi
it went well at the hospital there was only about 3 people waiting to have blood taken so got in there sooner than I thought. I will no the results on thursday, as I have to have my monthly mot at the docs, Ive been having trouble with my hip and knee at the min which is effecting my mobility and Im back with my walking stick.
Otherwise things are going ok, Im trying to find different ways of taking my meds at the moment Im taking my tabs in yogurts three times aday as im on 10 tabs a day I cant swallow them without them coming back up, due to my history with tabs, If anyone has anymore ideas I would welcome them, as im starting to look like a yogurt:D .

I still havent heard from my sister its been just over a week now since her friend made contact, plus we had aemail from someone who found out her address I wrote her a letter a couple of days ago so fingers crossed.

Lea is sitting next to me as she has to keep an eye on what Im doing as she has banned me from going on certain auction sites as I am now awaiting football shirt number 11, :yesyes: Hey perhaps we could start a nomorepanic football team I'll have the number 7 shirt, anymore footie fans out there,

Oh yeah this is my 2nd week without drink I have had some days when I really need a drink but stayed strong and tried to take my mind of it.

Well I will let you know how the doc appointment went, he is pleased with me as Ive been keeping the appointments.
Lea says hi to you all.
Oh yeah trac book your hol for the end of august ok lol
take care everyone.
love and :hugs:
from susie

wobily_lin
06-03-07, 05:42
Welcome back Susie..glad things r much beta for ya..great to have you back x

cheeky monkey
08-03-07, 17:03
Hi
Well went to the docs this morning and I am now confused, I had the test results they said my glucouse was 10 which is high that was when I was not taking my insulin, now Ive been on it for a couple of months the results was 18 which they are not happy with. so dont know why its gone up.
They also think the pain in my hip is coming from my knee problem so got to wait to here from the hospital. She also has wrote to the surgeon about my stomach problem so I should hear soon, but she still saying that it is a high risk op for me to have as it major open surgury, but if it stops me being sick and having pain surely it must be worth it? can I ask you would any of you have an op if there was risk but it would sort the problem out?
Well both lea and I are getting excited about 2morrows visit to crufts, we will be leaving about 3am so we get there in plenty of time and get a parking place as I can walk to far. I will tell you how we get on and how many dogs we have kidnapped? lol
take care and hope everyone is ok
susie xx:hugs: :D

cheeky monkey
18-03-07, 15:29
Hi Guys
Well we have been without the internet for the last 3 days due to bad broadband signals, ( I dont like this modern thing). We have been lost without it as I havent been able to buy more portsmouth shirts:weep: .
Anyway me and Lea went to crufts and to our surprise I did not get lost :yesyes: We met up with my friend but she drove me mad as she wanted to go round the stalls so fast so we left her for a couple of hours while we went round at our own pace, we brought lots of goodies for the dogs. My breeder done well with her shelties and got 2 3rds and a 5th, all in all we had a great time, though we did suffer I ended up again with swollen legs through all the walking and at the moment lea cant lift anything heavy as she has done something to her sternum and ribs through carrying a rucksack so its my turn to look after her.
We have also just come back from a day at the zoo which was great we were really lucky with the lions as they had babys and they all came over to the fence so we got really good film of them. and the wolfs well I got excited as they too came over so we could get a good look at them and twice one of them howled which I got on film. and lastly my fav the tigers they also had a baby and they too were near the fence so we got some good photos and film. Plus we have adopted a tiger, and I am waiting to bring him home to play with the dogs :D

I had a letter from the hospital about my knee and hip I should get to see someone within the next 8 weeks, and I think Im doing ok with the drink problem as the last couple of weeks have been a bit hard as I have been waking up wanting a drink first thing in the morning, but I tried to do other things to keep it off my mind, the other day we went shopping and I really needed a drink as work and my husband had really got me feeling low but I kept away from the drink aisle.
Oh yeah I think Ive mentioned it here but I have a real bad phobia with snakes and cant even look at one in a photo. but while we were at the zoo in the gift shop i got real nervous as I was surrounded by cuddly and rubber snakes, but I went and touched a cuddly one :yesyes: .
We are now planning to go canoeing which should be fun.
Still havent heard anything from my sister but I suppose its early days, still if she does want to get back in contact at least I have lots to tell her.
Well better get back to my painting as I have a lot to do there.
Hope you are all ok
take care
:hugs:
susie and lea

Southern_Belle
18-03-07, 17:00
Hi Susie,

Such wonderful progress you are making. I hope you continue with not drinking and good luck on the trip you have planned. Keep it up.

Hugs,

Bel

cheeky monkey
21-03-07, 19:20
Hi
Thanks for all your replies it helps us knowing you are all there.
Sadly we have hit a bump in the road again, we are both feeling a bit low, as on tues we both walked on our job, things had been going ok and as the supervisor I had things running well, but then a new area supervisor came in this week and along with 2 new staff members turned nasty, the area supervisor took work of of them and piled them on us and changed my way of running the site. last week one called in with alittle tummy ache plus the rest of the staff decided to do there work poorly so I was stuck doing overtime and staying to about 9.30pm lea was also off due to her chest, any way to cut along story short lea came in the following day to help even though she was still ill. we got no thanks, and on tues the area supervisor was in and gave lea heavy work to do and me other things. me and her had a big bust up as she was in the wrong for what she did, poor lea was in tears so I decided that lea and my health come first as this job has all so made my knee and hip worse. so we walked out, Now im worrying about money again, and it has knocked my trust in humans again as a few other ppl have upset me in the last few weeks. Im now thinking im never ment to be fully happy as as soon as I start to feel good and things are going well, something always comes along and knocks me down again. Tuesday I really wanted a drink but lea gave me a hug and said things would be ok so instead of my cider I brought a can of shandy which helped abit. I guess I have something worth much more than money and thats leas friendship and support so I guess im really lucky. soz for going on just felt like getting things off my chest.
We are both feeling bit better today hopefully another job will come up soon.
hope you all are ok
take care
susie and lea :hugs: