PDA

View Full Version : lump on my back

23-01-16, 04:27
a while ago i noticed i have a small lump on my back, that's underneath the skin. at first i thought it was cystic acne (since i had it on my back but treated it with accutane), but it did not appear above the skin and wasn't red.

i assumed it was a muscle knot. i began to massage it and it hurt a bit. i went to my massage therapist and asked her to remove it, and she attempted to do so.

however, the lump is still here. it's only been about a week since it's showed up, but it's freaking me out. it doesn't feel like a normal muscle knot...when i rub it, i barely feel any pain but sometimes it gives me a headache.

i was freaking out about it being a rare disease that turns muscle into bone, but apparently symptoms of that start when the patient is a child and it comes along with deformed toes. i'm 16, and have had many bad accidents as a kid (which trigger bone formation in patients with this disease) turning out just fine, but the fact that the disease exists....still really scares me.

now i'm scared it's cancer, since it's way more likely for it to be that. i want to ask my mom to take me to a doctor, but i'm 90% sure she won't considering she knows i'm a hypochondriac.

i don't feel like this is just health anxiety...i feel like this is real, that i actually have cancer or something else and am dying....why else would i have a lump on my back, that just comes out of nowhere?

i need help....i'm literally preparing myself to die right now :(

SarahCap
23-01-16, 10:44
Hello sweet heart.
You should perhaps explain to Mum that you are worried about your back, but most importantly your worried about how your feeling.
Your very anxious and that is a horrible place to be. Advise Mum that you want to talk to a doctor about your health anxiety as well as your back.
Do you have a school/college nurse you could speak with?