PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding 24 hours after punch biopsy

Masonn
23-01-16, 05:28
So I got a punch biopsy around this time yesterday and I took off the bandages to see how it is and it's STILL fresh and bloody. he didn't give me stitches he said its small enough to heal itself but he never told me how long to keep bandages on etc. The bandage thing has blood like 1cm deep into the bandage if you get what I mean, like its bled through layers of the bandage and that's a lot. I'm scared this is a bad sign and maybe there was an ulcer or melanoma or something.

I'm sure some of you have had punch biopsies? is this normal if you don't get stitches?

KeeKee
23-01-16, 08:59
I've never had a punch biopsy but got a simple blood test a few days ago and aroind 9 hours later I took the bandage off and it was still bleeding! It stopped that same day but this was a tiny pin prick so I imagine yours to bleed for a little longer. Just keep it clean and you'll be fine.

Masonn
23-01-16, 13:30
Thanks, that's reassuring. I guess it should be normal to bleed it's basically an open wound. It's just aching now and I don't know if that's my anxiety or not.