PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety symptoms

stressed_out
23-01-16, 08:41
i'm having really bad anxiety right now, i had a panic attack two weeks ago but thought it was a heart attack at the time. i'm a 22 year old male. i went on antibiotics in november and my anxiety has been terrible since. i've always had bad anxiety and ocd but its really skyrocketed since then. i basically feel immobile i'm scared to walk down the stairs to get food and shower for fear of sudden collapsing on top of this i have bad ocd and magical thinking and its intertwining with my fear of constantly dying I've been to the er twice in two weeks and all blood tests x rays etc are always fine but i feel like i get a new symptom every week its so scary i feel like i can't even type correctly now. i really hope this is anxiety but i'm so scared! i feel like i can't breathe or swallow and am dizzy for a majority of the day with some chest pains and nausea when it gets really bad. it feels like i'm constantly on the verge of having a full blow panic attack. i'm basically stuck on my couch and its horrible. it all happened when i got chest pains due to gastritis from the antibiotics and now I'm scared to eat and my panic is worst when i eat and wake up. usually i have it under control but today its been especially bad. i'm terrified fearing basically every day and its awful. i take 2 gabas a day and usually it helps but today its not. i don't want to keep going to the doctor for temporary reassurance only to get a new worry afterwards. i also get vision problems and hearing things sounds strange is this anxiety? my tests were all fine but i don't know how to get over my doubt. my family is going crazy from me constantly asking for reassurance but when i don't i'm afraid its going to be a real problem and its making me depressed. i also have bad intrusive thoughts and have recently quit smoking so idk if that matters. sorry if this is sporadic and i appreciate any help. i was googling a lot after the gastritis and found so many horrible stories that keep popping into my head whenever i begin to feel okay and my ocd is always telling me theres something wrong, my only support is my younger sibling and this has made their own anxiety and ocd bad to the point where they don't know how to help anymore and its making me feel worse

sorry that this post is so long but can anxiety give me these symptoms constantly? is this health anxiety? i'm terrified of feeling like I'm going to die. how do i get over this?

stressedanxious
23-01-16, 10:34
Hi I can see you are worried, honestly just go to the doctor and ask them to do some more testing to put your mind at ease. I feel the same way. You're lucky your blood tests came back normal, mine are not normal so be thankful yours are.

stressed_out
23-01-16, 12:08
Hi I can see you are worried, honestly just go to the doctor and ask them to do some more testing to put your mind at ease. I feel the same way. You're lucky your blood tests came back normal, mine are not normal so be thankful yours are.

hey my symptoms mostly went away... i was panicking really hard at the time. hope you feel better soon