PDA

View Full Version : New to No More Panic

MapleSyrup
26-02-07, 03:44
My name is Anne and I am new. I had my first panic attack when I was 16 years old and I am now 32. I am up now because I have been woken up by a panic attack and this is normally how it goes with my attacks in the night.

I suffer terribly from the 'what ifs'. I can't seem to stop it despite desperately trying most things like distracting myself, exercise, cutting out caffeine and alcohol, supplements and having a healthy diet. When the attacks happen I take Half-inderal LA 80mg which take away the physical symtoms and due to the tablet's slow-release factor, I am protected then for a few hours and have a few hours of relief.

To make matters worse, I recently had an attack at work after getting a memo of a nasty meeting and during my panic, handed my notice in. That has compounded things now with the stress of what I am going to do for a job in September.

If anyone can share ideas on anything else I can do or try - I would be very grateful.

Thanks for listening.

manmoor
26-02-07, 08:14
Hi Anne,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

trac67
26-02-07, 10:10
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

Nibbles
26-02-07, 10:26
Hi Anne,

Welcome! You'll meet loads of kind people here. Hope this website helps and drop in to the chat room anytime (I'm usually in at some point in the evening).

Big hugs,

:hugs:

nomorepanic
26-02-07, 12:54
Hi Anne

A warm welcome aboard.

You will meet some lovely caring people on here and get loads of support so hope we can be of some help to you as well.

debera
26-02-07, 13:22
:) Hi Anne And Welcome
Debera

wobily_lin
26-02-07, 14:17
Elo Anne,

A big welcome to the site..great support n advice here..glad to have ya on board x