PDA

View Full Version : Why do I do this to myself!!!!

longbourn81
23-01-16, 10:52
I have been really good lately, no anxiety or stressing about my health. I have also controlled my need to Dr Google. Then today I have had an ache in my shoulder that won't go away and now I am convinced I have bone cancer in my shoulder blade. Why do I do this to myself and how do I convince myself that I am not dying !!!!

SarahCap
23-01-16, 10:57
We have all been there and so have you.
Try to think about all the illnesses you have thought you had before and what state you were in.
You survived it and your diagnosis was wrong! google a random symtom and I bet it has the cancer word in it!
you will be fine but book in at the gp if your worried x

longbourn81
23-01-16, 11:04
You are right I know I am being irrational and silly, and I know if I had everything I thought I did I would have had 4 different cancers in 2 years. This condition sucks I feel like I am going crazy and then I get mad at myself for being so irrational.

SarahCap
23-01-16, 12:12
I am exactly the same usually takes hours to calm down for it to rise up in me again. This site is helping me out greatly!

you will be fine x

longbourn81
23-01-16, 12:16
I am finding this site really helpful too. I don't know why but it tends to calm me down a lot and let's me see I am being irrational. I have only been on here for 2 weeks but I have had less anxiety attacks since reading all these posts and talking to like minded people.