PDA

View Full Version : music in head continuous!

Vigilante
23-01-16, 13:06
Anyone had this? Since last nite I have been utterly unable to shut my brain up I have songs repeating over and over. Is this a common thing with anxiety? I'm worrying awfully over a brain tumor because of my visual symptoms and now this. Is it a way of my brain ignoring other thoughts? Or another brain tumor symptom. Feel like I'm having a break down.

AnnieMags
23-01-16, 14:46
Don't worry, i promise you that you are fine. It's a very very common phenomenon - it is called 'ear worms' or 'stuck song syndrome'. I read somewhere that it happens to 92% of people at some time or another, some more frequently than others.

I personally have them very frequently - most often songs that I don't even like! My husband listens to a lot of music that would not be my choice, and unless I leave the room, you can bet your bottom dollar that one of them will then be on loop in my brain for the next 24 hours. I wake up in the night and they are still playing in my head for goodness' sake! :wacko: :D

It's just one of those things and nothing to worry about. Best wishes from Annie

hyg
23-01-16, 15:18
Hi - yup I get this ! Not as bad as I used to now I'm on meds.I used to wake up with theme songs to kids programs in my head in fact any song really. . I used to think I was crazy !
It's another anxiety symptom unfortunately x

debs71
23-01-16, 15:32
Yep, I get this too. It is incredibly annoying.

When David Bowie passed away, I watched a few of his music videos, and I cannot get 'Sound and Vision' out of my head!!! It keeps randomly popping up,especially during quiet times. Utterly irritating and bizarre.

This does wear off though. I find when I am more busy and occupied with something, it disappears.

the_anxious_mind
23-01-16, 15:42
Oh lord, I once had a song in my head for like 3 days. Then of course, I'm all over here thinking I'm going nuts. Damn those commercial jingles!!!! But serious, I have issues, I just find if I can laugh through it I don't feel as crazy. It will go away eventually. Put your earphones in and listen to guided meditation. Hearing someones voice without music may help. You'll be fine--we all come out of it! Have you had your tumor fears checked out? That will help ease your mind greatly!

Vigilante
23-01-16, 17:03
Seems to be David Bowie for the last day, it's either one from the labyrinth film called within you or under pressure by Queen and bowie both very apt and doing my head in.

I'm awaiting both ct scan and neurologist for visual disturbances but been told I have no red flag symptoms, no bad headache, sickness, balance, numbness, seizures or the like. Knowing signs of raised pressure.