PDA

View Full Version : Would you feel more in control working for yourself?

lele19
23-01-16, 16:55
I Just wrote a new post r.e self employment - I personally would love to work for myself, when health anxiety takes hold you could just choose to work from home or take a sick day etc. Comment on my blog with what would your work life easier with HE, have you had any bad experiences with bosses like I Have?

https://justonestepfurther.wordpress.com/2016/01/23/reality-check/

Sam Winter
24-01-16, 00:58
i've personally never worked before but i have said i'd rather work for myself or friends because i could never see myself having a boss that i don't know ew no lol x

the_anxious_mind
24-01-16, 03:33
I am co-owner of a dance studio. I have GAD and specific phobias. I can't compare it to anything as this is all I have ever known (family business). So, that being said, I can't take sick days (in our case because our students count on us being there) because when you run your own business you don't make money if you aren't working. Also, you can set your own hours but if you aren't consistent people won't see professionalism and will not bring their business to you. All that being said, there is some flexibility and great freedom in not having a boss but you are left to deal with everything that goes in running a business. Just my thoughts! :)

---------- Post added at 03:33 ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 ----------

Now working from home might be good. But then again, are you just doing it so you dont have to face your fears? I find pushing myself to get to work helps to not enable my fears and such. Getting out helps to provide distraction. If I were to stay home all the time (Even though I would love to most days as I have agoraphobia to deal with) I find getting out helps keep me in check.

KeeKee
24-01-16, 10:11
With me personally, I have zero motivation and being employed means you risk losing your job if you slack off whereas self employed you (meaning me really) could easily take advantage which I'm sure I would.