PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack that won't go

NovaHyperion
24-01-16, 04:33
Hi, guys and gals, first of all I just want to tell you that you all are loved and that are not alone.
Now, I was wondering if you ever took your anxiety meds and you felt they weren't working.
I mean it because 1 week ago or less I had a major panic attack (I suffer from panic disorder since 2007 and had had terrible crisis that make me skip college and stuff, but last week's was almost like when I had my first panic attack.

Ever since last week I have felt really bad and haven't been out of my house and though the doctors said that somatically I was fine I keep having upset stomach, blurry and let's say darkened vision, lots and lots of anxiety, body aches and so on. I take 0,5mg alprazolam (Xanax) normally before bed and/or when I feel really anxious -to which 1mg should do the deed- and about to have a panic attack, and 20mg fluoxetine (Prozac) daily; but as stated before I haven't felt any improvement and I'm already starting to worry about having another breakdown, I think I'm going to overdose on Xanax and still will have anxiety :shrug:

Kathryn01
24-01-16, 07:03
Hi Nova. If you haven't already, please make an appointment with your doctor to discuss what's happening because he or she can probably adjust your medication so you don't have to feel so miserable.

That being said, in my experience, medications sometimes don't work as well as they once did and it becomes necessary to try something different. I recently met with my doctor, and he's slowly adjusting my medication, and he told me he suspects the 40 mg of Prozac I take every day isn't working anymore. He added in a new medication, increased another, and said once my body adjusts to that, we'll work on removing the Prozac from my daily regimin.

I've been on Prozac for about 6 years, and I was initially told to increase the dose, but the side effects made that too difficult.

That's a bit of a long winded answer to your question. I hope you're able to see your doctor and get things straightened out so you can feel well again.