PDA

View Full Version : catching those negative thoughts !

mirry
26-02-07, 08:28
I feel a bit silly saying this, but feel its important.
Yesturday whilst walking the dog I was in my own little world looking at all the houses when I notised the millitary base on the hill about 2 miles behind my house. Then I thought wouldnt it be terrible if it was bombed and my house got bombed !!!
Well straight away I felt panicky, BUT......I hadnt notised I thought this until I questioned why am I panicking (if that makes sence?).

so basically i am thinking mad thoughts with out knowing it, but because I am questioning my thoughts I managed to catch how wild they are :eek: .

Interesting bit is , as soon as I realised what I had been thinking I felt better :emot-blink: .

Sax
26-02-07, 09:12
I know what you mean Mirry about wild thoughts and I think many of us do the same, its all about keeping them in perspective and keeping in reality eh! Yes these things might happen but also they might or probably won't. If it did you wouldn't be able to control this so no point in thinking the worst when no reason to.
I guess like you say its good to think 'omg i'm having a wild irrational thought' then to say 'but thats just what it is, unreal and wild'

We can keep our thoughts real but it takes us to work at that!

Interesting post Mirry x