PDA

View Full Version : need some answers ?

kiss25
26-02-07, 08:51
hi. i havent been on for a long time, i seemed to have got better for a while there. i suffer from pa, ha, anxiety and ocd. i have for a very long time now but never took any medication for it, that was until about 6 weeks ago when i nearly had a complete breakdown. i was so low that i couldnt get out of bed or do anything and all i was going to do was run away from everything including my kids. so it was a trip to the doc for me and since then i have been on lexapro, that is for depression but my thoughts and all the anxiety have gotten alot worse i will sit there nearly all day just thinking about everything, ppl dyin, getting hurt, just heaps of stuff and i feel a bit better on the depression side but i feel as though i am going absolutly crazy with this ocd ??? does anyone know much about this medication i am on or had similar experiance ???

sorry so long

Tinkerbell200
26-02-07, 19:24
sorry I dont know anything about this med. But i was first put on Prozac which made my anxiety, panic attacks worse even after 6 weeks so I am now on Sertraline. they do say with Ad's that you can feel worse before you feel better. I did but now after being on them for about 7 weeks for ocd, anxiety, depression and PA,s my depression has certainly got better and the anxiety and PA,s. But my OCD it has helped but I have still got it. I would give the meds a chance to work and a chance for you to get over the side effects but if you really feel that bad go back and see your GP and they will probably suggest you swap meds.