PDA

View Full Version : can i just ask

tricia56
24-01-16, 13:40
Hi i just wanted to ask anyone if thier anxiety is like mine as i know everyone is diffrent but sometimes i feel im the only one who is like this and doubt its anxiety.I am always feeling anxiouse i try to just get on with things but its still there like when i try and start doing my house work i seem to just rush to do it dont do it properly because i feel so anxiouse and just want to quickly do it so i can go back up to my bedroom, i even have to to have my hand in my jeans pocket all the time while im doing things i dont know why i just feel i have to hold onto myself if that makes sence and when im standing doing the washing up or even just standing still my legs are clenched together they feel stiff i stand on my tiptoes i try to relax while im standing but i cant seem to do it . I just wish i wasnt like this all time and feel im the only like it .

KeeKee
24-01-16, 13:55
I suppose everybody will have differences with their anxiety but it's life affecting all the same. I don't have to keep my hands in my jeans but when outside in public I like to keep my hood up even if it isn't raining (hence why I despise the Summer as I'd just look silly).
I feel physically anxious all the time even if my mind isn't anxious it's so stressful. I was expecting a delivery on Friday and heard the van pull up, even heard them walking towards my door but as soon as they knocked my heart started pounding and my body (but not mind) was all panicky. I don't like medication but I can say that Propranolol did help my physical symptoms. It may be of use to others

MyNameIsTerry
25-01-16, 07:57
It's like Keekee says, Tricia, it's different for us all. I even found my symptoms changed over time too which starts you questioning it all again if you are not careful.

Like you say, you are anxious all the time. That's a good indicator of something like GAD. Varied and non specific anxiety is also very much GAD. I have no triggers a lot of the time, I'm just anxious like it's how it is supposed to be. This is why GAD is a hard condition to beat as you can't always find the issues and this is where we need to learn to relax more, which is very hard.

I find myself rushing things too, and being tense and holding my breath. Learning to focus properly again helps with this (Mindfulness teaches this) and learning to do things to release the tension in those tasks such as making a point of breathing properly or using a calming technique. It can be a matter if relearning to do everyday tasks but with these little helpers in them so that they become a habit.

Shazamataz
25-01-16, 08:38
I agree with what terry says,

I think everyone has different symptoms of anxiety and I know mine have changed over time, which is hard because then I've been scared because I didn't recognise that I was having an anxiety attack and thought something terrible was happening, like I was having a stroke or something!