PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

TheMusicGuy6
24-01-16, 19:01
For almost 3 years I've suffered from constant anxiety and panic. From the highs and lows, rare panic attacks to daily panic attacks.
I hate it, I hate thinking back to how I used to be, outgoing, confident, afraid of nothing. But now I feel constantly anxious, and it's getting in the way of my friends and relationship, and now I'm done with it.

I'm done wit feeling anxious, feeling afraid, being on edge with any slight pain in my body. I've had enough.

I'm ready to take a stand to it, my anxiety WILL run and hide from me.

I want to make an appointment at my doctors tomorrow. I've been back and forth explaining I've felt anxious, but I haven't been recently. Can I expect to be put on meds immediately? I'd love to hear your advice x

the_anxious_mind
24-01-16, 19:06
I would request bloodwork and a full physical to rule out anything that could be affecting you health wise. The, you can decide, if you would rather take the counseling route, the natural route, medicine route, or a combination of all. It is all up to YOU. Your doctor will more than likely recommend you to a counselor and put you on something. but you can decide the direction you would like to go!

For example, I started with counseling and the natural route and then when I realized that my issue could not be handled with that alone (i had medicine phobia) I finally had to face it and just take a leap. So now I am on medication and doing CBT. Best of luck to you! If you have any questions, just ask us!

TheMusicGuy6
24-01-16, 19:09
Thanks for your reply :)

I've had 2 ECG's, and various blood tests done over the last year, most recent August in A&E, and everything came back absolutely fine.
I always worry about my heart when it does flips and turns and is grooving inside me!

So I've been assured by the doctors I'm all fine! But I always put it back into my head :(