PDA

View Full Version : chlordiazepoxide

kim
23-09-04, 14:33
Hi there
ive been on this drug(5mg,one a day)for about 18 years now as it controls my anxiety and also my epilepsy,ive tried to come off it but the effects were very bad so i was put back on it.Is this a high dose to use during pregnancy?what effects are there for the unborn baby??Are there organisations that i can e-mail who can give me good advice?

thank you :)

Meg
23-09-04, 15:45
This is a small dose.

Its the same family as valium so its a caution for pregnancy .

You would be best visiting your GP and asking to be referred for pre conceptual care to a midwife or obstetrician where you can discuss the whole issue .

Nearly every drug is labelled caution in pregnancy as they would prefer you to be on no tablets at all except folic acid and iron supplements really but many ladies do take regular medication throughout pregnancy .

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

sal
24-09-04, 00:25
Hi Kim

Quite a strong tablet and my personal advice would be to try to come of it through pregancy. Wont be easy as it has a highly addictive element to it.

If you need medication there are many others that are less potent throughout pregancy and will in the long term help you more.

Love Sal xxxxx

kim
24-09-04, 16:40
thanks for your reply,is there any organisation i can e-mail about this drug???

thank you
kim xx